What's new

What is the Best Shave soap you've ever tried.

Tabac so far. I have been going through a bunch of samples lately, but to me none have equaled the German wunder soap. I'll try my Grandfather's old Yardley tomorrow as it's listed here so many times.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
RazoRock La Famiglia. In the short list of my all-time favourite I want to add Cella, Martin de Candre and La Toja.

RazoRock La Famiglia. In the short list of my all-time favourite I want to add Cella, Martin de Candre and La Toja.

Very interesting, Marco, to see that three of your top four are veggie soaps! I also seem to recall you enjoying the RR King Louis.
Perhaps the general perceptions about tallow should start changing around here.

(Very excited to take part in bkfist's tallow/non-tallow experiment starting soon...)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Very interesting, Marco, to see that three of your top four are veggie soaps! I also seem to recall you enjoying the RR King Louis.
Perhaps the general perceptions about tallow should start changing around here.

(Very excited to take part in bkfist's tallow/non-tallow experiment starting soon...)

Brian, the proper distinction is not between tallow soaps and vegetable soaps, but between good soaps and bad soaps. Although there are several high quality tallow based soaps, tallow is not a "magic ingredient". Yes, I like the RazoRock King Louis, as I like the Artisan Series or the XXX. But La Famiglia simply belongs to its own superior category for latherability, slickness, post-shave feel and overall performance, that is just amazing. I'm truly honoured that there will be a Don Marco soap, Joe has been really too kind.

P.S. All the above is clearly only my opinion.

After 1 try, I'd go with MWF (I've heard it has a steep learning curve, but I hit a walk-off homer with it today), or any Mama Bear's. I do like VdH too, but it doesn't hold a candle to The Fat or Mama's IMO.

I have a lot of different soaps but more and more I keep coming back to Arko.

proxy.php

col. conk almond.
ive never tried any soaps you guys named:blushing: parker sandlewood shea butter is good but, i can only choose one.

i get amazing lathers from all my soaps, and i've been especially pleased with Tabac, QCS, Mike's Naturals, and DR Harris. however...MWF is in a class of its own for me. even with too much water, not enough work, a 'wrong' face-feel, or whatever, MWF's lather performs stunningly well, with an incredible amount of cushion and slickness that never dries out, never gets runny, and leaves a beautifully lubricious film even once it's already been swiped over several times. you could lather up ONCE with MWF and probably get a full two passes of protection from it. MWF is absolutely incredibly hands-down the best lather i've ever made and it's not even close.

Arko, Cella, DR Harris Arlington, Mystic Waters Sedar & Sage and Lavender Lime, MWF, Tabac/Irisch Moos. All of these work for me, but the two best are probably Arko & Cella.

Top Bottom