What's new

What is everyone's current favorite Lavender shaving soap?

Here's mine!!! I call it Larko

Attachments

• 20230703_123349.jpg
    20230703_123349.jpg
    937.7 KB · Views: 9
I got my sample of Stirling Bergamot Lavender last night. I did a test lather in my hand. To me, the name clearly shows the strength of the scents in this sample. The bergamot is very forward and the lavender is more in the background, but still apparent. This is a pretty nice citrus scent. However, it is not in the same league as B&M Reserve Lavender, at least not for me. I will shave with it this morning when I finally quit drinking coffee and messing around on this forum. :adoration: I'll know more, then.

I shaved today with the Stirling Bergamot Lavender. Stirling is not a top tier performer for a straight razor, but it is a solid performer. I got a good, close shave without any dragging, skipping, or irritation. This is a tallow and lanolin soap with shea butter. It has all of the good stuff. The scent is definitely citrus backed up by lavender. It smells like the air freshener section of Bed Bath and Beyond or one of those shops in the mall that sells those oil air fresheners with sticks in them. It isn't bad, but it isn't Barrister and Mann, either. It is a nice change, though and smell nice. I mean, bergamot is what scents Earl Grey Tea, but this smells nothing at all like that because of the lavender.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I used the Hags Valley Of The Abyss last night. This soap is amazing it's knocked B&M off the top slot. To me it has the same scent only slightly stronger. Also to me its even more slick than B&M. The Guinness base was everything I'd hoped for and more. If you can get this soap I would advise you to try it.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Thanks to everyone on this thread for their suggestions on different lavender scents. I didn't even have lavender on my radar. Now I have four different lavender scented soaps and aftershaves. You gentlemen are the best 👌.

My only lavender soap is Cyril r salters hard tallow based soap. I might have others w lavendeR as a scent mixed in. Who knew lavender could be such a nice, refreshing, masculine scent! And all this time I’ve been depriving myself bc I thought it’d be too feminine or floral of a scent.

Top Bottom