What's new

What is everyone's current favorite Lavender shaving soap?

I am really excited. B&M Reserve Lavender is up in my rotation for tomorrow's shave. (is that weird to be excited over a shaving soap?)
I still think it's odd that people use different soaps on daily basis. I don't 3017 soaps, usually, but if I like it, I'll stick with it for a week or two, or a month or two, or a year or two. Just depends on my mood.

So no, I don't find it odd to be excited over a soap, especially a B&M soap. They use those lovely vintage scent profiles. IIRC, their Reserve Lavender is based off Fougere Royale by Houbigant.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I only have the B&M Lavender, not the Reserve. I love the scent. I can only describe it as a darker Lavender than my TOBS, with my Master Soap Creation, Frosted Lavender as some where in between with a good hit of menthol. The MSC is way slicker than the TOBS but not just as slick as the B&M, but still a really good soap.

I only have the B&M Lavender, not the Reserve. I love the scent. I can only describe it as a darker Lavender than my TOBS, with my Master Soap Creation, Frosted Lavender as some where in between with a good hit of menthol. The MSC is way slicker than the TOBS but not just as slick as the B&M, but still a really good soap.
It is likely the same, but I'm not sure. The Reserve line was originally a different base than the standard offerings and were scents from older disappearing fragrances they were trying to preserve. Now, the Lavender has the even better Omnibus base. I assume that is why they dropped the Reserve. Of course, we can ask Will at B&M.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
It is likely the same, but I'm not sure. The Reserve line was originally a different base than the standard offerings and were scents from older disappearing fragrances they were trying to preserve. Now, the Lavender has the even better Omnibus base. I assume that is why they dropped the Reserve. Of course, we can ask Will at B&M.
That would be a good idea 💡.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

That would be a good idea 💡.
No doubt in my mind that the scent is identical — the only difference is the base (reserve versus omnibus). It’s a scent based on Caldey Island Lavender.
1687885429799.gif

Last edited:
full

All of these are stellar performers with differing takes on Lavender

Another worth mentioning and sadly not pictured is Truefitt's Ultimate Comfort shave cream. It's listed as unscented, but has lavender oil in the ingredients which comes out very cleanly and subtle.
I have since taken on a tub of Grooming Department's Lavender in Kairos SE Base :001_wub:
This may have jumped the line for July's SOTM

Scent Notes: A blend of 97% Organic Buena Vista Lavender & French High Elevation Lavender & French Maillette Lavender + 3% Violet Absolute, Cedarwood Absolute, Labdanum Absolute, Geranium Absolute, and Jasmine Sambac Absolute.

Last edited:
I have since taken on a tub of Grooming Department's Lavender in Kairos SE Base :001_wub:
This may have jumped the line for July's SOTM

Scent Notes: A blend of 97% Organic Buena Vista Lavender & French High Elevation Lavender & French Maillette Lavender + 3% Violet Absolute, Cedarwood Absolute, Labdanum Absolute, Geranium Absolute, and Jasmine Sambac Absolute.
Sneak peak: it’s very good!

I just had a wonderful shave. I am late today. The slickness and comfort are what I always expect, though the newer Omnibus base is slightly better. The smell of this shaving soap keeps me coming back. It is one of my top two in that regard (the other one I'm still waiting to see if I can tolerate it long term).

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
So this just arrived at the door, it's the Guinness base which I was really hoping to get. Now here's the thing and I don't say this lightly at all. But the scent is very, very close to B&M. Whether or not it shaves as good, well I guess that I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

So this just arrived at the door, it's the Guinness base which I was really hoping to get. Now here's the thing and I don't say this lightly at all. But the scent is very, very close to B&M. Whether or not it shaves as good, well I guess that I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.
Without a picture to go off of, I’m guessing that’s Hags ?

Last edited:
Is that HAGS Valley of Abyss?

Top Bottom