What's new

What is the Best Shave soap you've ever tried.

After coming what I feel is full circle, I would have to say Strop Shoppe Baker Street. Tabac is an excellent product though the scent does not seem to inspire me to use it as much these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cella is very good, but if I had to use it for the rest of my life the scent might wear on me. That said, the two best soaps I have ever used are both sticks- Valobra, and at 1/2 the price, Palmolive. They are terrific. I do need to add that there are times when I have an amazing shave with Williams Mug Soap after which I sit back and think that it just couldn't get any better.

My favorites, and generally all-around good soaps:
I generally like the scents of B&M the best and the performance is very good.
I am really liking the performance of WSP soaps.
Limited exposure at this point, but Sudsy Soapery has really impressed me for performance and skin feel.

#1 for me, though, is Tabac. Ease of lather, performance during shave, longevity of soap, value, etc. When weighing all the factors together, I'd have to pick Tabac as the one I'd use "forever" if I could only pick one. #2 could probably change from day-to-day, but I think it's at WSP right now.

I think the question for this thread is a good one, but the answer is hard. The best shave soap depends on more than the soap, your water, face (if you face lather), brush, how well you work the lather, etc.

Ok, I figured we'd do the opposite of the "worst" thread. Now I'm aware this is going to get some convoluted responses. (This soap is best for X This one is best for Y, etc)...

So, how about a theoretical.

The technology to produce soap is lost. I don't know. Global Warming did it.

You've shaved all your stockpiles away, but hurrah! You win a lottery for a lifetime supply of one of any type of soap (from the nations great shaving soap reserves) the condition is that you may not sell or share the soap, you get the idea. Of course you can't afford any other soaps, since they are far more valuable than gold now.

What soap do you pick?
I'll take a pile of Mystic Water Soap.
If they're out of MW, i'll take a pile of IanS soap. It's a very close second.

Top Bottom