What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

I was down in your neck of the woods all last week...Little Switzerland, North Carolina...just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. I was attending the West African Drum & Dance Camp at the Wildacres Retreat Center. This was my seventh annual visit and I plan on going back every year as long as I am physically and financially able. It's a beautiful part of the world!

View attachment 245096
We have a lot of beautiful areas to visit in NC.

Strangely I'm not a fan of any Tn. whiskey or bourbon I am more fond of the KY. style. Arrington does a decent job but I prefer Tennessee valley winery.

Arrington is such a fun place to go though...spend a Saturday out there...listening to much, eating, drinking one........would make a great place for a BOTOC gathering!!!

You should try a WTB on the BST. There are sure to be some people more than happy to sell you a NEW. The couple of times I've used the WTB I had what I wanted within an hour. Just mention you're in Canada and willing to add for the shipping.
Probably the best place to start gordy, thanks !

Ok, out monkeying around. Thought I would post this pic.
$monkey.jpg

And this is me. Just a random photo taken by my son a few month ago:

Attachments

• $38642_139146806126005_100000920603218_197557_7481567_n.jpg
    $38642_139146806126005_100000920603218_197557_7481567_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 74
And this is me. Just a random photo taken by my son a few month ago:

We just need to get you away from that tech and in a Open comb!!!

Being in India, you should have access to two of my favorite blades....Gillette 7' O Clock Super Platinum ...aka the Gillette Black, and the Supermax Super Platinum...both great examples of great Indian steel....and works great in a Open Comb!!:tongue_sm

We just need to get you away from that tech and in a Open comb!!!

Being in India, you should have access to two of my favorite blades....Gillette 7' O Clock Super Platinum ...aka the Gillette Black, and the Supermax Super Platinum...both great examples of great Indian steel....and works great in a Open Comb!!:tongue_sm

So far my attempts to procure a OC failed misearbly!! First the R41 bought from Connaught shaving got lost on it's way. I got the refund though. Secondly my purchase of a pair of Gillette new LC and SC from a member here seems to be in problem too as the USPS tracking is not updated since 11th :( .

I have the access to Gillette black and love the blade. Supermax super plat is another story though. I heard so much praise from you guys that I started to find them in my city, after a fruitless search I bought the blades from bestshave.net !! Just imagine buying a blade produced in my country from another country !! I've mailed the manufacturer several times asking them for their distributor/dealer name but got no response so far :( .

I can help if anybody is planning for a group order for Gillette black. Someone from US can buy large quantity - I can procure it from here and ship to that fellow. You all can later distribute the blades among yourself. Shipping from India to US is around $20 for weight upto 500gm (4-5 days delivery time).

BTW my current razor is Gillette slim adjustable @ 9 (first pass) and 7 (subsequent passes). The tech can't do justice to my coarse beard :( .

Top Bottom