What's new

How Many Shaves to the bottom of a Shave Stick?

How about Chauncey Gardiner. This is the name of the character played by Peter Sellers in the movie Being There. It was the last Sellers film released before he died and was a project he had wanted to be involved with for many years.

How about Captain Clarence Oveur :001_smile (because certainly by the time he's done with his travels, flying here and there, he's bound to see a grown man naked...)

I do rather enjoy heebee GB, it gets my vote.

A suggestion; GB Shaw, after the Irish playwright George Bernard Shaw.

"A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out."
-George Bernard Shaw.

This past Saturday morning I heard a loud knock at my door. There, on the porch, was a youngster in cut-off blue jeans, a tie dyed shirt, flip flops and long hair. Imagine a present day hippie if you will.

"Dude! My name's Heebee GB. 'Sup. Yo, bro, I'm all veggy and stuff. No animal byproducts and guts here. Keeps me healthy and eco friendly and all. I'm supposed to crash at your place for a few nights."

"Sure man. Your tie dye looks cool. Come on in and make yourself comfortable. I have a place in my Shave Den just for you."

"Cool bro. Dude! This's gunna be fun. I'm, like, not chillin with tallow. Wait -- didn't I say that already?"

"Sure did. Come on in."

So, for the last several days I have been barraged with "Dudes", "Bros" and "Cools" from our non-tallow based, vegetarian of a shave stick, Heebee GB. Heebee provided good, slick shaves. However, I have to admit I have had some difficulty building good lathers with our newest shave stick friend. The lather, to me, simply was not as thick and abundant as I have experienced with our previous shave sticks. It is slick nevertheless. I found myself doing two pass shaves instead of the usual three simply because I was not able to build as good a lather as I can with my tallow based soaps.

This soap goes on in almost a creamy type application. The scent is light and citrusy to my nose and is a plus. Overall, I am glad that I was in this soap rotation. I feel like with some practice that my lather making with this non-tallow based soap would improve. Alas, in a shave stick pass, Heebee GB is required to make new friends. So, after the four shaves I have already enjoyed, it is time to send Heebee on to meet someone new.

Who is next in line? Whoever it is, please send me a pm with your address for shipping.

"Dude! My name's Heebee GB. 'Sup.

Tex, I enjoyed this so much, and I now our little sub-forum did as well. I can not wait to give Heebee a whirl, though according to my estimation, its not going to make it to me. When I hear the name Heebee, I think of Hebe, the cup bearer who carried nectar to the gods. But, I loved the voice you chose. If he comes my way, I'm thinking classical voice (Hebe) or hep cat, (GB.) Tex, we love you. Darjeeling

Top Bottom