Razor: OliBlade—Classic Steel—Original
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (2)
ASL: Clubman

A fine shave. :biggrin:
All is well in ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Some of the brightest people that I have worked with can't spell to save their lives, but they are often brilliant at solving problems and innovating.

...but...when I see a business trying to sell me a product, i expect the utmost perfection..if I see spelling and grammatical errors that strikes me as careless.

Still, as I noted, I'm not completely writing off the business in this example for a couple of reasons:

The product looks promising and is made in America, and the makers appear to be immigrants, who's first language may not be English.
They can join me as a Member of The Illiterati.

It's TEALDAY!

On my search for the best color for the setting marker on my OliBlade, teal is the latest (as of today). I love playing around with the different colors (but somehow suspect that I'll eventually settle on the good ol' "bright red").

Look-7_2024-09-13.jpg

OliBlade SOTD
SOTD-OliBlade-Classic-Steel-Original-O_2024-09-15.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 50086 Bambino 18/48
Soap: Clubman
Razor: OliBlade—Classic Steel—Original
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (3)
ASL: Whiskey Woods

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
What a fabulous (hardware and software) team. :clap:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I’m sure the razor will be back very soon, with a slightly, and only cosmetically modified design.

In the meantime, let me add my own thoughts about the Oliblade adjustable razor now that I’ve had several shaves. It really is a remarkably smooth-feeling razor, and right up there with the best I’ve ever used - adjustable or not. It might even be my best shaver, and I take a deep breath before saying that because I had not expected anything special when I ordered it. It is not only shockingly smooth and gentle (on setting 3, which is my preference), but it is very easy to shave with, not fussy about angle, and as efficient as I’d ever need.

I feel glad that I chose the cerakote finish - I feel like it adds to the smooth feeling, and it also gives a very professional finish with no machine marks. It comes in a very attractive and protective box, which I only mention because it shows that these guys care about what they are making. You all know that they also care about offering it at a friendly and fair price, and it’s one hell of a deal for what this razor is. It is very well made.

I have used other settings but, for me, 5 or 6 is unnecessary - doesn’t give me any additional efficiency and there’s more blade feel. Setting 1 works fine (and feels like nothing is on your face) but the angle becomes more restricted and I’d need to do better in some of my hollows and tricky areas under the jawline to not miss a spot or two. I have gravitated to using setting 3 for my first two passes, and then setting 2 for my final pass, and this is ideal for me - an effortless, close, long-lasting shave with no irritation or redness on my sensitive skin. I can still always feel where the blade is on setting 3 (and 2) and while it is very smooth indeed I get enough feel to be engaged and enjoy the shave.

The adjustment dial did not move during any of my shaves, though I hold the handle with my finger resting against the dial. There isn’t a lot of resistance when you turn the dial, so it could be an improvement to make it stiffer, but it was no issue for me.

It really is an exceptionally good razor, and I say that with no regard at all for the (quite low) price. I’m glad to see so many extremely positive reviews because (a) I feel the same, and (b) it likely means none of us are mad or imagining it. 😉

Do get one if you are at all interested. I suggest to consider one of the cerakote finished variants.

View attachment 1905308
Any comments, comparing the straight bar side vs the wavy/tooth bar??
I have one in SS, will wait on your opinion.....mine is limited. Thx

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets
Any comments, comparing the straight bar side vs the wavy/tooth bar??
I have one in SS, will wait on your opinion.....mine is limited. Thx
Both sides felt the same to me - any differences are hardly noticeable. I think the scalloped side looks nicer and perhaps there’s some small advantage in stripping less lather from the skin. But when I use the razor I don’t even look to see which side I’m using any more.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Both sides felt the same to me - any differences are hardly noticeable. I think the scalloped side looks nicer and perhaps there’s some small advantage in stripping less lather from the skin. But when I use the razor I don’t even look to see which side I’m using any more.
I'm sort of hoping, if and when they are able to get their products back on the market, they offer models with matching sides of the base plate. It's a personal preference, totally subjective, of course.

I'm not all that interested in an adjustable, but I'm sure I'll be getting in line for the rumored 3 piece razor(s) in the works.

I'm sort of hoping, if and when they are able to get their products back on the market, they offer models with matching sides of the base plate. It's a personal preference, totally subjective, of course.

I'm not all that interested in an adjustable, but I'm sure I'll be getting in line for the rumored 3 piece razor(s) in the works.
They offered it previously. Mine is SB (no scallops) on both sides!
They'll probably do the same thing the next time around.

Top Bottom