What's new

Cap Riding Affiliated Participants

Sunday's Crappy attempt.....

Razor- Weishi 9306 TTO
Blade- Gillette Silver Blue Russian (7) Binned
Brush- PAA Solar Flare 24mm Synthetic (Synthetic Sunday)
Lather- LEA Mentolada Cream
Post- Thayers Unscented With Aloe
Barrister+Mann Seville AS

A great 3 pass WTG, XTG and ATG with touch up. Final round at Castle Pines. I can definitely see why the PGA Tour has a love/hate relationship here. Getting in and out of Castle Pines is a logistical nightmare. You literally have to be bussed in from 5-7 miles away. A fun experience though. I will be on hole 5 again. Have a great day!

Brian
1000000416.jpg

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
Today’s shave from Crappy Valley:

Pre-shave: Liquid Neutrogena
Brush: RR 400 matte Plissoft
Cream: Barbasol Aloe green
Razor: Baili 179 TTO
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (3)
Number of passes: 2 (cheeks WTG and XTG; neck XTG and XTG)
Touchups or buffs: A few
Aftershave: Skin Bracer and Nivea Sensitive balm
Sting: None
Result: DFS
Final thoughts: Just what the doctor ordered

Beautiful recovery shave this morning. Close. Comfortable. No drama. The Baili 179 simply works for me.

Jay21

Today's CRAP shave, in more ways than one:

Cream: Barbasol Sensitive orange
Razor: RR Lupo 72
Blade: Gillette 7OC Super Platinum black (1)
Sting: Mild to moderate
Result: DFS-
Final thoughts: Underwhelming

I previously used the Gillette 7OC Super Platinum black in the past and remember being very disappointed. The search function is failing me at the moment so I can't find which razor it was. Anyway, I loaded a fresh one into the Lupo 72 and performed my standard shave. The 7 OC black is neither sharp nor smooth and it wasn't a very satisfying shave. I'm going to bin the blade and move onto something else for tomorrow because I value consistency in my blades. I don't mind if they get sharper and smoother on subsequent shaves as long as they start out sharp and smooth, which the 7 OC black does not. It's basically a Rapira Swedish Supersteel in shaving performance and quality. On the @lasta scale, I'd give it a 3 on sharpness and 3 on smoothness. Maybe I received a dud tuck, but I don't really understand the hype surrounding it because they are priced in Feather territory. I guess it's very much a YMMV thing.

Jay21

Today's crappy shave:

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Sting: Mild tingles
Final thoughts: Not quite a planetary alignment shave (PAS)

I went with the mythical NOS double-wrapped Gillette Silver Blue this morning. It was a very nice shave. The only thing keeping it from being a planetary alignment shave (PAS) is I had just the smallest bit of stingy tingles from the Skin Bracer. But it was a close and comfortable shave. It wasn't as sharp as I remembered from the past, but I think the last time I used GSBs were in my Lupo 95 and Muhle r41, so those are whole different beasts. It was definitely sharper and smoother today than the Gillette 7OC Super Platinum black from yesterday.

Tuesday's Craptastik Shave....

Razor- Yaqi Final Cut Adjustable
Blade- Tiger Platinum (2)
Brush- Yaqi Sagrada Familia 22mm Synthetic
Lather- WCS Cologne
Pinaud Clubman Whiskey Woods AS

A wonderful 3 pass WTG, XTG and ATG with touch up. Have a wonderful day gentlemen.

Brian

Jay21

Today's crappy shave:

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Sting: Mild tingles
Final thoughts: Not quite a planetary alignment shave (PAS)

Really nice shave this morning. The only thing keeping it from being a PAS is the isolated stingy tingles (TM) under my chin from buffing a little too much. Every time I use the GSB, I'm reminded what a great blade it is, especially its smoothness. However, the reason I had to buff a bit today is this particular GSB is lacking a hint of sharpness. I may have to make a small deduction in its sharpness score if this continues with the next blade.

All alone in Crapville...

Razor- Weishi 9306 TTO
Blade- Tiger Platinum (3)
Brush- Parker BCSY 24mm Synthetic
Lather- TOBS Shaving Shop cream
Aqua Velva Musk AS

Great day off 3 pass WTG, XTG and ATG with touch up. Got a little Randy under the nose buffing up and got a good weeper... My fault with this razor. Have a great day in Crapville...

Brian
1000000422.jpg

Top Bottom