What's new

Atelier Durdan Fan Club

Thank you! To get some perspective, what is usually the kind of DE razor you appreciate and is there one you could compare to the ++ plate?
I currently have the Ares, Athena and Konsul. Since the Konsul is an adjustable slant, you can pretty much dial it up or down as you please. That said, it is not as comfortable as the Athena or Ares. I found that the Ares and the ++ are equal in comfort with the nod going to the ++ in efficiency but not by much. Keep in mind that the blade used will make a difference in evaluating the efficiency of the razors.

Mailcall...

20240603_175613-01-01.jpeg

20240603_175659-01-01-01.jpeg

20240603_175930-01-01-01.jpeg

Of course, I had already shaved this morning. But as UPS had pre-announced the delivery for Tuesday, not today... 🙄 🤬

Anyway, so I'll have my first shave (+ base plate) tomorrow. I'm already looking forward to getting to know this beauty...

I haven't decided which blade to choose, it'll either be a Kai Captain or a Feather Pro.

Stay tuned...

Cheers!

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The next shave, I'm going to use the Classic plates, one with a Feather ProSuper and the other with a Kai "Mild" Pink (this blade is anything but "mild"... it's become my favorite). This might lead me to some conclusions, though I highly doubt it..... I don't see me buying both + and ++ base plates. I think I should wait for a polished SS + or ++ to show up on BST... thought that is also unlikely. <eg>

The next shave, I'm going to use the Classic plates, one with a Feather ProSuper and the other with a Kai "Mild" Pink (this blade is anything but "mild"... it's become my favorite). This might lead me to some conclusions, though I highly doubt it..... I don't see me buying both + and ++ base plates. I think I should wait for a polished SS + or ++ to show up on BST... thought that is also unlikely. <eg>
A ++ SS polished came up on BST and I hesitated. If it happens again, DON'T.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't think I even noticed.... someone, please, Alert me, next time. LOL

If someone has one they don't want.. please don't put it on BST until I've paid for my Ares. <eg>

Interesting. I ended up buying the Vector brand new a couple of months ago, but don't like it that much.

A couple of people just recently told me to take a look at the La Faulx, and I've been taking a real hard look, but looking at the pricing, I'd have no idea what baseplate/blade gap version to buy. I would only be able to buy one, but just wouldn't know which one would suit best. Wish I was in the US to try this pass around.

Does anyone here use the La Faulx for head shaving, and if so, what baseplate are you using and have you tried other AC razors to compare it to?
I use the La Faulx for head shaving, and the classic plate with a Feather Pro Super blade is the best combination for me of everything I've tried so far. I will be receiving some Schick Proline blades soon that I will try with both the classic and ++ plates and see what gives.

For reference, my other top razors are mild (Karve Overlander and Yates Merica), and the only other AC I've used so far is the Yaqi Romulus which was as effective but much less smooth than the La Faulx for me. I have a Vector incoming too, but I suspect it won't dethrone the La Faulx based on my preferences.

I currently have the Ares, Athena and Konsul. Since the Konsul is an adjustable slant, you can pretty much dial it up or down as you please. That said, it is not as comfortable as the Athena or Ares. I found that the Ares and the ++ are equal in comfort with the nod going to the ++ in efficiency but not by much. Keep in mind that the blade used will make a difference in evaluating the efficiency of the razors.
Konsul always remains very soft even at high settings, the adjustable ones always have their advantage of adjustment between passes "something not to be underestimated"
I usually use them permanently from the first to the last pass

It was deleted by the forum administrators. I won't say anything further as I believe my tenure here as a member will come to a close rather soon.

Good luck Gents & great shaves to everyone of you in this forum. :thumbsup:
I'm genuinely interested what's the (alledged) wrong doing on your end, Gus... maybe a moderator might chime in and explain?

Are members only entitled to share information wrt razors which they actually already have in their possession? @luvmysuper

Anyway, I'd be a substantial loss for this forum if you decided to leaving this place @GlazedBoker !

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I was just about to PM @luvmysuper and ask the same question. I've learned a lot from @GlazedBoker 's reviews over the years I've been on B&B. I would hate to see you leave, @GlazedBoker .

I was hoping to follow the reviews of the No. 7 here on B&B. Early on, I found all the online forums for traditional wet shaving. I joined them all.... but after just a week or so, determined B&B was the place I wanted to spend my time. I would hate to be forced to resort to the other online forums to gather information about the No. 7 in particular.... and other razor news and reports in general.

I hope by posting this, I'm not violating any TOS rules. I'm going to read it through again.... Hang on...

And I quote: "With that said, the rules can be quickly summed up in just a few pithy statements. Don't be a jerk, don't create conflict, don't be a shill for a specific vendor/product and before you sell things in the buy/sell/trade forum - chat with the group a bit (the barriers are VERY low) so we know you're reputable."...

I am not trying to create conflict. I do post hmmmmm 'support" for the companies whose products I love, but I'm not a shill for them.

Phil, I do hope you chime in and as best you can, let us know what's going on so we can make adjustments where needed. I do realize, we aren't owed an explanation, but as far as the rules by which mods operate, I would like a general explanation, if allowed.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thank you @GlazedBoker it's clear enough for me. I will register soon to other forum and follow with interest how does think continue here..

it doesn't look like something interesting to be on forum where you can't discuss about razor already avaliable for shopping. This kind of control and censure here surprise me..
We have rules and guidelines here. Members as well as manufacturers of goods have to follow those rules and guidelines. If ensuring members and manufacturers follow those rules and guidelines are troublesome to you, I do strongly encourage you to register and utilize "other forum".

I'm genuinely interested what's the (alledged) wrong doing on your end, Gus... maybe a moderator might chime in and explain?

Are members only entitled to share information wrt razors which they actually already have in their possession? @luvmysuper

Anyway, I'd be a substantial loss for this forum if you decided to leaving this place @GlazedBoker !
Members are welcome to share information on equipment. If someone has purchased this razor and wishes to share their thoughts and experiences on it, they are welcome to.
We are under no obligation to provide a platform for a manufacturer to gen up advance interest in their product by providing copies to members so that they can promote the item instead of a manufacturer doing so as an authorized Vendor.

I was just about to PM @luvmysuper and ask the same question. I've learned a lot from @GlazedBoker 's reviews over the years I've been on B&B. I would hate to see you leave, @GlazedBoker .

I was hoping to follow the reviews of the No. 7 here on B&B. Early on, I found all the online forums for traditional wet shaving. I joined them all.... but after just a week or so, determined B&B was the place I wanted to spend my time. I would hate to be forced to resort to the other online forums to gather information about the No. 7 in particular.... and other razor news and reports in general.

I hope by posting this, I'm not violating any TOS rules. I'm going to read it through again.... Hang on...

And I quote: "With that said, the rules can be quickly summed up in just a few pithy statements. Don't be a jerk, don't create conflict, don't be a shill for a specific vendor/product and before you sell things in the buy/sell/trade forum - chat with the group a bit (the barriers are VERY low) so we know you're reputable."...

I am not trying to create conflict. I do post hmmmmm 'support" for the companies whose products I love, but I'm not a shill for them.

Phil, I do hope you chime in and as best you can, let us know what's going on so we can make adjustments where needed. I do realize, we aren't owed an explanation, but as far as the rules by which mods operate, I would like a general explanation, if allowed.
The thread was deleted.
If GlazedBoker wishes, I'd be happy to post the entire exchange on the subject, but it's a private conversation till then.

In short, there was a belief that a product was being provided by a manufacturer in advance of general release so as to be able to promote the item here without that manufacturer being an authorized Vendor.
That's not fair to our authorized Vendors who must follow strict guidelines.

We have rules and guidelines here. Members as well as manufacturers of goods have to follow those rules and guidelines. If ensuring members and manufacturers follow those rules and guidelines are troublesome to you, I do strongly encourage you to register and utilize "other forum".

Members are welcome to share information on equipment. If someone has purchased this razor and wishes to share their thoughts and experiences on it, they are welcome to.
We are under no obligation to provide a platform for a manufacturer to gen up advance interest in their product by providing copies to members so that they can promote the item instead of a manufacturer doing so as an authorized Vendor.

The thread was deleted.
If GlazedBoker wishes, I'd be happy to post the entire exchange on the subject, but it's a private conversation till then.

In short, there was a belief that a product was being provided by a manufacturer in advance of general release so as to be able to promote the item here without that manufacturer being an authorized Vendor.

I appreciate your candor and in keeping it private for the time being.

But, I still do disagree with the actions taken from this Administration.

Enough said

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

The thread was deleted.

Phil, thank you for your timely response. I would welcome Atelier Durdan as a Vendor here. A lot of people here have purchased their products because of they heard about them here... I know, I did. I would love to see Augustin be able to contact us directly here.... I'm all in favor of that.

Top Bottom