What's new

Brazillian Gillette Super Thin Mejorada

proxy.php

Anyone ever see this before?
I found these in a pharmacy in Mexico. Don't freak out about the price, it's in Pesos. I paid $1.75 for the 5 pack. These are made in Brazil by Gillette. I can't find any mention of them online anywhere. Anyway, I've been using for a few weeks and getting the best shave of any blade I tried.
If anyone's curious, next time I go to Mexico, I'll grab a few extra packs and post them in the b/s/t.

DE blades can be difficult to find, in the midst of the plastic multi-blade jungle found in most stores. I purchased some Gillette - Azul Aço Inox blades, in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. They were the only DE blades that I saw in Rio, and I looked in several stores.

The literal translation from Portugues is as follows:

Blue Inox
Produced in stainless steel, with wire coated with a special material that reduces the consuming and provides one to shave softer.

Tchau,
chop-chop

The pharmacy had a bunch of these on the shelves, but I'm afraid they might be NOS... it's hard to tell. They sure look nice and new. The packaging is in English/Spanish/Portuguese and says made by Gillette do Brasil. I looked up their website, but it just shows variations of the same crap they sell here.

I go over to Mexico to buy stuff pretty frequently. (I won't tell you how insanely cheap alcohol is on the border. Last thing I purchased was a liter of Bacardi Añejo rum for $10.)

Just got home from a trip in Mexico and it took me some searching to find these blades. Everyone is converted to disposable razors. However, a relative reminded me to ask at the counter as the blades are now somewhat of a specialty items- she said for the old timers. The larger pharmacy chains (Fenix , Benavides) seemed to have them- all behind the counter. Priced from 13 to 18 pesos.

It is really a joy to shave with this blade. I live in mexico but i known nothing about these blades until a couple of months ago when i made a travel to a small town in chiapas, mexico. When back to my city (Merida in the Yucatan peninsula) i did a research and phone called to gillette de mexico HQ, they told me that the blade is still in production at the Gillette factory in Brazil, they also gave the whereabouts of the dealer to the south-east of mexico, and my surpise was that he is in fact a friend of mine. I made a call to him and i went to his warehouse to see him. i got five hundred blades from an opened box (they sell 100 blisters of 10 packs, and each pack contains 5 blades, that means 5000 five thousand blades per box)
you could be skeptical, but i´m really serious abot this, its the best blade i ever tried, and that does not surpise me, because Brazil Gillette factory is, if i´m not wrong the only one Gillette-ruled factory that made double edge blades. these are not making by outsourced thirds companys, these are real gillette double edge blades. Not a dime more, not a dime less, its true.

as far as i know they are not for sale on the usa or internet sites. but we can make arrangments. my idea is choose say five members, i send them one package each member for free, just paying the shipping and they compromise to make a serious review on them. if pass the test we can make a group buy, what you think?

Wow. I have enjoyed every Gillette blade I every tried (except some Asian ones). But these look really interesting. I would love to get in on a group buy for some of these. Count me in too, please!

Well, i believe that we need to ask for authorization to gather a buy group isn´t it? but why not being one of the reviewers IronHammer?

Sergio,

I am sorry. I didn't mean to put the cart before the horse. LOL!

You are most fortunate to have easy access to these. I would be delighted to review them. Would you take Paypal?

-Todd

Todd: forget about the shipping cost, i would be glade to send you some packages. I really want to give something to this forum. Just give me a favor: choose another 3 members with experience and backround who can perform a serious reviews (willing to do it) and send them some blades, so i can make just one shippment.
What you say?

Top Bottom