What's new

Art of Shaving Starter kit only $9.97 at Costco

I was just at my local Costco and spotted the Art Of Shaving starter kit for only $9.97. I know these used to be $27.97 at Costco. I guess Costco is trying to get rid of them, at this price I think it's a super deal considering it also comes with a badger brush.

proxy.php

wow! i wonder if the brush is anything decent? do you happen to know how much is in the tube? is it a standard size?

Ooh, I may have to drag the missus down there for this. She'd probably kill me, though, since she's been trying to drag me there for groceries for weeks...

I saw those there yesterday.....even if the brush loses a few hairs, it's worth ten bucks by itself as a travel brush if you don't have one. I didn't get one, simply because I have enough brushes and I don't like unscented stuff.

Besides, I wanted a hot dog and one of those ice cream bars from the snack bar.:biggrin:

Besides, I wanted a hot dog and one of those ice cream bars from the snack bar.:biggrin:

My wife and I practically lived off those things during our college days. $2 for a good tasting, good size hot dog and a drink is every student's dream.

To get back on-topic, good point about using the brush for traveling.

I checked at both Costco's here and they do not carry it, I think it's regional.

If you don't see it in the aisle, get the stock # from the pic above and ask at the front desk for it.

I picked a kit up a few weeks ago when the cost had dropped to 14 something. Guess I should have waited. I don't think they have sold to well. So my guess is that Costco won't be stocking them again.

The cream is good, I like the aftershave balm, the preshave oil is okay. However, I found the brush to pretty cheap. My had a plastic handle which was very light. There is a little seam where the two halves meet. It is a pure badger brush. The knot size seemed pretty small and wasn't too densely packed. However, it is badger.

I haven't lathered with it more than once. I much prefer my current brush a Caswell-Massey Pure Badger. Honestly, I got it so my toddler would have something to play with in the bathtub while I'm shaving.

Yeah, I bought the kit when it was $14. Still a deal. For $10...you gotta buy it. I like the shave cream and the brush is badger and is actually quite serviceable.

I'll go to Costco tomorrow and check it out. Maybe I'll get 10 sets and we can settle it like Gentlemen?

I'll let ya know!

I'm going to Florida for Christmas, I wonder if they have any there? Any Florida members willing to check?

If you do get some and have extra money and they have them of course I would like 2 of them please one for me and one for my wife .
She only gets to keep the brush from one of them of course

Nick

Top Bottom