What's new

Buying blades from Russia cheaper?

Folks,

This is an update as my friend just got back from Russia with 350 blades for me :laugh: Sputnik and BIC ...

According to her father the common brands people are still using are Sputnik and BIC but Sputnik is slowly disappearing. Apparently most are switching to BIC now as they consider it to be slightly better in quality than Sputnik since they cannot get hold of their favourite Astra anymore. BIC is made in Greece by the way and Sputnik is made in the same factory as Iridium. The rest of the brand like Iridium or Gillette 7 O'clock range are no way to be seen so not available. She bought the remaining Sputnik from her local shop for me. I find it rather sad that they produce so many good blades yet they have to import.

Anyway, I will try them later as I have never used them before.

:001_smile

p/s: as for Rapira her father said that he had not seen one for a very long time.

Last edited:
In Moscow at the moment and earlier today I picked up a pack of Rapira Platinum Lux in a supermarket for 8 roubles; it may have been a pricing mistake but if they are any good I will go back and buy a bundle :)

I normally get Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus, they are cheap and cheerful at 24 roubles a pack. I saw them in abundance at the local market today but for a change I picked up another couple of blades to try, Sputnik teflon coated for 15 roubles and Gillette 7 O'Clock SS (Green) for 30 roubles.

I will try all my new blades out but stress that there is nothing wrong with the Rubies but having read all the reviews on the forum I am curious as to how different another blade will feel.

I would also suggest Gillette Rubie Platinum, which are my go to blades at the moment, and Rapiras. Actually Rapiras look visually a lot like Rubie Platinum. Why is that I have no idea:001_huh:
I was in Minsk a week ago and saw Rapira blades in a supermarket.
BIC - I personally don't like them YMMV.

Top Bottom