What's new

Instructions: Fat Boy, Slim

Does anyone have a scan of the instructions that came with the Fat Boys and the Slims?

I've seen them included in razors sold on ebay from time to time and I am very curious as to what Gillette told people who bought their razors when new.

If You can tell me how to attach the scan to this thread I can try to get it to you. Or PM me your email address and I can do it that way
Thanks.
Clayton

I REALLY appreciate this. Always wanted to see, never asked....thanks!!!

Does anyone open their razor & shake out the water as listed in the instructions? I leave it closed & shake...I have tried a hair dryer a few times, but it seemed like overkill.

I find the "shave diagonally" instruction interesting.......seems to me it is better to go with the grain, then touch up sideways and maybe against the grain if there is any stubble left.

Hi Jim,
How do you post a picture directly to a thread?. Thats what I wanted to do with a scanned color copy of my fatboy instructions. Ended up emailing them to Ontario. I do know how to upload and place pictures in the members categories. But that's not attaching them to a thread.
Thanks.
Clay

I REALLY appreciate this. Always wanted to see, never asked....thanks!!!

Does anyone open their razor & shake out the water as listed in the instructions? I leave it closed & shake...I have tried a hair dryer a few times, but it seemed like overkill.

I find the "shave diagonally" instruction interesting.......seems to me it is better to go with the grain, then touch up sideways and maybe against the grain if there is any stubble left.

When I first started reading about wet shaving, last month, everything I read said to simply rinse the razor and let it dry without opening it. I did this for a week then went to change blades the first time and couldn't believe how much crud was still in there. Since then, I loosen the razor a little and rinse with running water. Much better. This is for a '56 Gillette SS.

Hi Jim,
How do you post a picture directly to a thread?. Thats what I wanted to do with a scanned color copy of my fatboy instructions. Ended up emailing them to Ontario. I do know how to upload and place pictures in the members categories. But that's not attaching them to a thread.
Thanks.
Clay
This post covers the process better than I could describe it.

I wonder if the "shave diagonally" phrase actually refers to Mantic's demonstration of the Gillette Slide? Didn't he say that he saw it in an old Gillette advertisement?

When I first started reading about wet shaving, last month, everything I read said to simply rinse the razor and let it dry without opening it. I did this for a week then went to change blades the first time and couldn't believe how much crud was still in there. Since then, I loosen the razor a little and rinse with running water. Much better. This is for a '56 Gillette SS.

That is exactly what the posted instructions say to do, open it slightly. Doing that will allow the blade to rattle around in there without damaging the edges and let the water flow through. When closed tight the surfaces of the blade are pressed against the doors and the base of the head, which traps stuff.

Great Job, Jim! Thanks! I wonder if this should even be "sticky". With all the high praise of Gillette Adjustables, many of us have one...err, well...start with one ;)

My favorite is the "To Load" picture. Now, I know how to use the "thumb hole" on the case that the Gillette blades come in. Now, my adjustable(s) and my Swedish Gillettes are a perfect match. I'm always afraid I'll lose a finger or a pint, trying to get the wrapper off Feathers.

-Jim

Gillette's method for loading blades was one of their selling points. The flip side is that since the blades are not wrapped, they have no protection from humidity.

M

modern man

Does anyone have a scan of the instructions that came with the Fat Boys and the Slims?

I've seen them included in razors sold on ebay from time to time and I am very curious as to what Gillette told people who bought their razors when new.

Dial "9" baby! :thumbup: all you need to know.

Or just print out Jims instructions :lol:

Great Job, Jim! Thanks! I wonder if this should even be "sticky". With all the high praise of Gillette Adjustables, many of us have one...err, well...start with one ;)

My favorite is the "To Load" picture. Now, I know how to use the "thumb hole" on the case that the Gillette blades come in. Now, my adjustable(s) and my Swedish Gillettes are a perfect match. I'm always afraid I'll lose a finger or a pint, trying to get the wrapper off Feathers.

-Jim
:) I bought a Fat Boy maybe a month and a half ago (my first DE). Now I own:
2 Fat Boys
1 Tech (ball end)
2 Tech's (fat handle)
1 Black adjustable
1 Gold Aristocrat
3 Superspeeds (one red tip, one 50's, one 60's)

I swear, I am done for a while (or am I....)

Top Bottom