What's new

Merkur Futur vs Fat Boy or Slim

A post-77 Superadjustable. The “9” on a Slim or Fatboy is a “7” on the SA. It has two more aggressive settings. It is, IMHO, the best shaver of all Gillettes.
I also find the post 77 Superadjustables to be more comfortable in the shave. Slims seem a little harsh compared to the Black Beauty. Just really great shaves from the Supers. I seem to pick one of the Supers up more often than my new Rex Ambassador, which also gives great shaves, but with a little more blade feel.

View attachment 1736883
You mean this, right?!
what differences are there compared to the one with the nylon plate?
This was my first razor, worked really well. @Quaznoid , I'm aware of a couple of current production adjustable butterfly razors that use the same type of adjustment mechanism Gillette used in these. There is the Razorock Adjust/Baili BD191 sold by Italian Barber and Stirling for $15 (on sale now for $7.99-$9.99) and Rockwell T2 that goes for between $100 - $150. I just got the Razorock Adjust and have found it to be excellent. Lots of folks like the T2. Details on the Gillette adjustment mechanism in the thread linked below.

Are there any other current production that use this mechanism? If so please add a post with details to the thread linked below. @ivan_101 curious if you are familiar with any others like these? @razorfool , same question for you as you've posted some deep expertise on the various razors out there?

Last edited:
This was my first razor, worked really well. @Quaznoid , I'm aware of a couple of current production adjustable butterfly razors that use the same type of adjustment mechanism Gillette used in these. There is the Razorock Adjust/Baili BD191 sold by Italian Barber and Stirling for $15 (on sale now for $7.99-$9.99) and Rockwell T2 that goes for between $100 - $150. I just got the Razorock Adjust and have found it to be excellent. Lots of folks like the T2. Details on the Gillette adjustment mechanism in the thread linked below.

Are there any other current production that use this mechanism? If so please add a post with details to the thread linked below. @ivan_101 curious if you are familiar with any others like these? @razorfool , same question for you as you've posted some deep expertise on the various razors out there?

I am not familiar with any. Haven't looked for razors with similar adjusting mechanism.

Top Bottom