What's new

For those with "multiple" brushes?

R

rodeo

For those of you with "multiple" brushes, how and where do you store or display them when you aren't using them?

Assuming they are clean and dry, Is it best to store them in their tubes?

Is it OK to just leave them open and on your counter standing upright?

Is dust of concern?

Better to stand them upright in a medicine cabinet?

I keep thinking of these things as I go along.... I've got three brushed in transit and two on my counter now, so this has recently crossed my mind.

I don't keep my brushes in the bathroom. Keeping them in a less humid environment means they can completely dry out between uses.

I just store my dry brushes in a deep drawer in my nightstand. I dry my most recently used brush on top of my nightstand. I don't use a brush stand because I'd rather spend the money on, well, pretty much anything else. :001_smile

-Andy

My brushes all stay in the bathroom, but on the counter or in a relatively exposed area until they dry completely. They only get put in a drawer or cabinet once I'm sure there's no moisture left in 'em.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have mine on a display case on their bases. Im not to concerned with dust, when you use it, i usually do a presoak while in the shower. If your bathroom is big enough, that should be fine too, but if its small and alot of humidity is present, I would think twice.

I also leave mine out in the bathroom until they completely dry. Then they go back into their original boxes and stored in the linen closet until they're ready to go back into the rotation.

Leaving brushes out on the vanity is just fine and dust is no concern. Humidity is not a concern either because the bathroom is left open when not being used. I've seen serious mold issues (as in multi colored walls and shower surrounds) in some bathrooms because the door is kept shut 24/7 and the room can't air out.

And use your fart fan, it's there to keep the humidity down.

I have a little corner shelving thing (Reproduction Chinese Chippendales I've been told). I stack them there. I also have a hanging display that holds a few.

I have my extra brushes put away in a cabinet. The only ones on the counter are the ones I plan to use in the next day or so.

I have a storage cabinet that is getting to be pretty much only for storing my shaving goods. My top shelf is relegated to my shaving brushes. I let them dry for 3 days usually then I deem it okay to put them back with the others. Gonna need to go to the second shelf here soon. :laugh:

I'm also one who leaves his 6 brushes out on the counter. Each has its own holder, and the bathroom door is left open when not in use. No problems at all. :w00t: :biggrin1: :thumbup1:

I keep them on my dresser with some other shave items (a couple small stackable drawers). I just keep them on their base near my deodorant, a/s, etc. I don't worry about dust, and it's very airy in that room. Besides, I like to look at 'em, all fanned out and bulbous :laugh:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I rotate them in & out of a couple shelves in one side of the medicine cabinet. Two are always missing from the cab, and therefore the photo, today's & yesterdays, until I'm sure they are dry.

I rotate them in & out of a couple shelves in one side of the medicine cabinet. Two are always missing from the cab, and therefore the photo, today's & yesterdays, until I'm sure they are dry.

really nice collection of brushes,a little bit of everything,except maybe horsehair?

R

rodeo

Very nice photo! I especially like the two brushes on each shelf, second from the right. Now I can show my Wife that I definitely don't have nearly enough brushes... Thanks!

Top Bottom