What's new

Frank Shaving Company ?

Has anyone any info on this company when it comes to their shaving brushes?
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120576017202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The picture below is what I have ( Opal Pure Badger ) and was wondering if the brush on e-bay would be a better quality brush. Being new I guess the one I am using is fine as I don't have anything to compare it to. Need to get something since I just got a new razor last week. (sick)
proxy.php

Well I took a chance at won it on e-bay for $18.27. If its no good it's just another learning curve in my life.

Last edited:
Like me I made it the OLD way. Used a table saw to cut the lexan and my drill press to drill the holes for tapping etc.
I did get the brush on ebay and am quite pleased with it. The 24mm knot, fine badger and the overall size is great for me to handle. Holds plenty of cream, did not collapse when I brushed it on. The brush felt as soft as my old one yet much firmer. Still a newbie to wet shaving I feel that this is a good quality brush. No hair loss with the first two shaves. Since no one responded to knowing about this brush I would like to say again that I am pleased with this brush and I guess that's all that matters. Just won a slim adjustable today so that makes three. That's it. Yea right!
Maybe tomorrow I'll make a new holder for three razors and two brushes. Maybe I should make it for four razors and three brushes. HUMMMMM. Blades and A/S my next journey. (use Feather now)
Thanks for all the info I have got on B&B. Great people on a Super Forum.

I have a Pure Badger brush from Art of Shaving stores I will give you if you want it. It is pure badger and is scratchy. Personally, I like that. Some people don't. If you don't...give it to another. I'm getting rid of it because I've been gifted another brush. It is a heck of a latherer. Nothing is wrong with it, other than it has been used, but will be cleaned and sterilized. If you want, send me a PM with your address. If not...it's okay. I will hang onto it.

I would not get one for Ebay, it's hit or miss there. If you get anything, search for a brand name so you can ensure some quality level. It doesn't have to be high end. Omega makes great brushes for very little money.

About that stand...NICE. I'd bet you could make some of those and sell them quite easily.

But sorry...I've never heard of that company for brushes.

Has anyone else had any experience with these? There's a nice looking two-band brush from this company on eBay for $15 shipped, seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280525436931&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It seems too good to be true--I'm hoping someone else can shed some light on these brushes. Also, the description states that the knot is 23mm at the base. The brush in the photo doesn't look that large to me, but maybe I'm just being overly skeptical.

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I purchased an inexpensive badger brush from a vendor on e-bay. I've always used bristle and was curious about how a badger behaved. This was a $10 brush that I got for $1. plus shipping so it was a bit less than $10. Anyway, they are made in China (where the majority of badger hair comes from) and are mixed badger hair. I'm happy with mine; it lathers well and feels good on my face and, so far, it doesn't shed. Also, it matched the size in the photo. I would say to go for it and if you like it you can go for real quality when you want to spend the bucks which is what I plan to do.

I pulled the trigger on the two band finest brush. It's cheaper than a two-band knot from the Golden Nib, and I won't have to do any work. It even comes with a free stand. It seems too good to be true, but if it's really that bad, I'm only down $15. I will post my results here when the brush comes.

Nice brush and that stand is impressive. I'd be interested in one if you ever decide to make a few.

Mike

Anyone had any more experience with these brushes? I'd like to hear more about the quality and whether these are worth looking into...

I bought one of there best hair brushes. I have only used it once so far but it is worlds better than the one I got in a burma shave tin. being my second brush I am very happy with it. It did shed about 5 or 6 hairs so I will have to keep an eye on it to see if it keeps shedding.

Anyone had any more experience with these brushes? I'd like to hear more about the quality and whether these are worth looking into...

Buy one. It looks like being the best value brush around at the moment.
Exactly the same as an expensive famous brand brush at a tiny fraction of the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy one. It looks like being the best value brush around at the moment.
Exactly the same as an expensive famous brand brush at a tiny fraction of the price.

Very cool. I'll have to give these a shot. Anyone get one of the brushes from starshavingsupplies and can understand the grading he uses? It doesn't seem to follow a lot of logic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank shaving silvertip is pretty soft. A touch prickly.

The "Two Band" pure they sell for $15 shipped is a nice low cost pure. It's not comparable to TGN two band Finest though.

Top Bottom