What's new

B&B passion explained

To all of you out there that think it is strange, weird, or eccentric, that a bunch of grown men discuss shaving with such passion, I say, you need to know the whole story before you decide...

Think of it this way, Everyday of your life, every single day, you have to go open this one door. Everyday, without fail, you have to walk over to this one door and open it. You hate doing it, but it must be opened, and YOU have to open it. That's just the way it is. So everyday you walk over to this door and open it, and everyday as soon as you open that door, someone punches you in the face then kicks you in the nuts, then as you are doubled over in pain, reaches into your pocket and takes out a few bucks. A few seconds later the door slams shut, but tomorrow you have to open it again. Oh joy of joys. You ask your friends about it, but they tell you that they have the same door in their house as well, some hate it as much as you do, while most of the others don't even seem to care. "That's just the way it is I guess." you tell yourself.

Then one day, many decades, much pain and thousands of dollars later, as you are walking up to the door to take your daily beating and get robbed, you notice another door. You never saw this door before, but there it is right in front of you, somehow all these years it's been right there and you haven't noticed it. So that day, instead of opening the kick, punch, cash grab door, you decide to open this "new" door. It isn't really new, because it's been there all this time. But it is new to you because you never noticed it before. It takes some guts to even attempt to open this "new" door, since you don't know what's going to happen. Even though the old door causes you pain, you are used to it by now, it has become a mindless, almost blind routine. Heck, for all you know the "new" door could be worse.

Somehow you get the courage to walk up to that "new" door. You reach your arm out to grab the doorknob like you've done thousands of times before. Cringing, you slowly open that "new" door, and as you do, almost out of habit you brace yourself for what is about to follow.

But instead of getting punched, kicked and robbed, you feel something you've never felt before, you start to feel total and complete contentment. You feel blissful and comfortable. A sense of accomplishment even. Hell, now you look forward to opening that door. You can't wait to open that door. You even make special plans to open the door more often. "How can this be?" you ask yourself. You didn't think that opening a door and getting a good result was even an option. Its amazing really, you endured years of torture opening one door, when all along, the answer to your happiness was another door that was right there in plain view...you just had to have the guts and make the effort to try it.

After going through that, who wouldn't talk about the "new" door with a bit of passion? Maybe trying to help spare other "fellow door openers" some of the pain that they themselves unnecessarily went through?

So after reading this, if you still think that we're strange to speak about shaving with such passion, then I suggest you get back to your old door...and that's just fine, most people like that door anyway. But someday, when you least expect it, you might see a door you've never seen before, and if you do, I strongly suggest you open it.

Another excellent post from the 40 year old Spartan! :thumbup: I approached the new door with a little uncertainty. I had to scrape off a few cobwebs and oil the hinges before it would open freely. However, it was definitely worth the effort :thumbup:

I found somebody had nailed the door shut... after a few wacks with the hammer it opened and the sunlight poured out.. I'm contracting to get the old door removed... and as everyone here has probably done...enlarging the new room

Oh joy of joys. You ask your friends about it, but they tell you that they have the same door in their house as well, some hate it as much as you do, while most of the others don't even seem to care. "That's just the way it is I guess." you tell yourself.

Amazing what the human animal can get used to huh?

Nicely put. That first paragraph in the 'story' made me laugh out loud.

Thanks.

Of all the 60's bands, I find The Doors to be the most annoying. I can't stand Ray Manzarek, both as an organist and as a person. If there ever was an even more obnoxious and egocentric A-hole than Jim Morrison, it would be Manzarek. Robbie Krieger and John Densmore were cool though. A lot of thier songs were pretty good (especially the ones with minimal organ playing), but overall they can't hold a candle to Zep, The Who, The Stones, Cream, MC5, etc. I really hate those old Doors.

To all of you out there that think it is strange, weird, or eccentric, that a bunch of grown men discuss shaving with such passion, I say, you need to know the whole story before you decide...

*Gasp!* There are actually people out there who think it's wierd?!? :laugh:

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

proxy.php

Of course, no one mentions that the red pill leads to serious ADs. Wonderland can be an expensive place to live. :001_cool:

So after reading this, if you still think that we're strange to speak about shaving with such passion, then I suggest you get back to your old door...and that's just fine, most people like that door anyway. But someday, when you least expect it, you might see a door you've never seen before, and if you do, I strongly suggest you open it.

Listen, the DE/old school thing is cool. I'm in my late 20's and I wear a mechanical watch, write with a fountain pen, and smoke a pipe, so you're preaching to the choir. I've opened the door and jumped through it, and my first razor, brush, and cream haven't even arrived yet. It's just not a little strange that a bunch of old-school guys and adamant 'non-metrosexuals' are talking about lavender and chamomile with this level of interest. I can't help but chuckle that I'm giddy as a 13 year old girl over a sample pack Trumpers is sending me.

Top Bottom