What's new

new scuttle with photos...

When I arrived home today there was a package with a brand new scuttle in it.

I had it custom made by a potter whose work I had seen and I really liked his style.

I've been waiting about three weeks for it to be made and I'm very excited about getting to try in the morning. The beautiful tree of life design is on both sides of the scuttle. I'll post some of my impressions on it after I get a chance to use it, but for now, the pictures...

It looks like a thick heavy piece. I bet it will hold the heat in very well. Great job on employing local talent. Well done.

Love it! I saw some pottery this weekend by a potter who liked to use a similar tree on all of his pottery. It really looks great.

I really like that, but I have two questions. One piece or two? Is the bowl big enough to build lather or is it more of a brush scuttle for face lathering? I've thought about doing this through our local potters, too. Yours looks really nice, I may have to go see my local craftsmen soon.

Funny you said a local person did it. I made countless calls to places around Boston to do it and no one knew what the hell I was speaking about.

Top Bottom