What's new

More aggressiveness.

I am looking for a really aggressive DE razor if not the MOST aggressive DE razor, just to know what it's like. I currently use a Merkur slant w/ feathers(my fave so far!). I have used my Fatboy and Slim both dialed up to 9. Still looking for more. :001_tongu

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Mulhe R89 old type open comb is the most aggressive DE I tried. More aggressive than a slant!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If your looking for something more aggressive than an adjustable on 9 or a slant with a feather, I suggest you contact Ambrose about a shave ready Straight.

I hearthat a wideopen vision will shave right to the muscle.I dont know for fact cause i'm too cheap to get one.

Mulhe R89 old type open comb is the most aggressive DE I tried. More aggressive than a slant!
+1

I've not tried a Slant, but if there's a more aggressive DE razor out there than an R89, I'd like to see it. The R89 offers you no quarter.

How would a Fatboy or a Slim compare to a Futur on 6?

Being kind of new to the scene the only thing I have to compare with my Futur is a 34c, which most regard as rather mild. Comparing the blade gaps on the two with the Futur on 1 is a big difference.

WWII army bakelite slant is the most aggressive DE I have ever used right above the gillette old type. The straight razor can be much smoother and enjoyable to use.

How would a Fatboy or a Slim compare to a Futur on 6?

Being kind of new to the scene the only thing I have to compare with my Futur is a 34c, which most regard as rather mild. Comparing the blade gaps on the two with the Futur on 1 is a big difference.

Check it out - List ranked by aggressiveness.

The old R89 takes the cake in my opinion. I have yet to find a more aggressive razor.Very unforgiving,but strangely alluring.:wink::smile:

Got my R89 today. Looks real good. can't wait to try it out. I must admit shipping from bathandbodynet.com was FAST! Ordered on the 14th,razor shipped out on the 15th, at my door on the 17th.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Got my R89 today. Looks real good. can't wait to try it out. I must admit shipping from bathandbodynet.com was FAST! Ordered on the 14th,razor shipped out on the 15th, at my door on the 17th.

You got the new R89 or old R89? The picture on their website shows the old one! If that's the one, you're in business!

A Barbasol is a mighty aggressive razor, especially when loaded with a Feather.
The only razor I own that I won't shave my head with.

Top Bottom