What's new

English Gold 66

You do take some awesome photographs. I wish I had your talent. Do you use a lighting tent? How far is the camera from the razor in these photos? Help a brother out!:001_smile

I am using two 500 watt projectors (blue bulbs) that are masked by a light diffuser (similar principle as the tent), at a rather close distance. Or, sometimes one of the projectors is pointed at the ceiling so there is a reflected light efect. I try to avoid direct light. I find this arrangement to allow more flexibility than a tent. The rest of it, choosing the right angles, etc, but great razor pictures always require great razors :wink:
And, always good to remember, do the "white balance" routine.
:cool:

+1.....How about it Arik? You up for writing the sequel to Mr. Krumholz' book? :wink:.....I'd buy it!

To be honest, I have thought about it, and even began some discussions with people, because IMO there is a need for a newer edition, ideally in color. This is more than one man's job, so there is one issue. But perhaps the main obstacle is $$$$. Just to make one limited print edition would require a nice penny. A sponsor is probably what is necessary (Gillette?)

But perhaps the main obstacle is $$$$. Just to make one limited print edition would require a nice penny. A sponsor is probably what is necessary (Gillette?)

A service like lulu.com could be used to run off books on demand as people ordered them. Thus cutting the need for the startup $ for the initial printing.

Just breathtaking! The number of rare sets is amazing by itself but the fact that they all seem to be in mint condition is even more spectacular. Great collection!.

Regarding the Gillette book idea, even a link to a photo bucket site with pics of individual sets and a brief bit of explanation of model and time line would be a great resource. Those pics & info transfered into the Wiki perhaps.

Between Arik and Achim there could be one heck of a data base.

:smile:

Sigh. It has been getting rather cluttered lately, I really need to "weed" things out or to start a second cabinet. Here are a few pics anyways...

Beautiful cabinet. I have been privileged to have assisted you in a limited way in the weeding out process and been very satisfied with my "weeds". Certain you won't have any problems finding weed collectors.

Awesome collection!

Holy mother of pearl, that is one sweet collection! :w00t: Every razor in there is magnificent. That collection is something to be quite proud of.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I would also like to know where you find mint razors like that. Do you go to antique shops and get lucky, eBay and get lucky or know of specialized shops somewhere?

I have used up an entire roll of paper towels cleaning the drool off my keyboard. That is just an out and out gorgeous collection.

Cheers

Jeremy

:w00t::o16:

If you added up the value of that collection I can easily see 3 divorces and several domestic abuse calls. :punk:

Awesome, just awesome

Holy mother of pearl, that is one sweet collection! :w00t: Every razor in there is magnificent. That collection is something to be quite proud of.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I would also like to know where you find mint razors like that. Do you go to antique shops and get lucky, eBay and get lucky or know of specialized shops somewhere?

I agree that is a wonderful collection...but seriously where do you get razors like that there impecable

I agree that is a wonderful collection...but seriously where do you get razors like that there impecable

I have a feeling that the information you are seeking is top secret :biggrin: Arik, I feel for you when you say that your cabinet is cluttered. If there is anything I can do to help you reduce the clutter please let me know as I would be happy to help. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom