What's new

Do you use a case for your DE when you travel?

Last time I travelled, I took an Aristocrat and just kept it in its case. But it was kind of bulky.

Normally, I'll pack a Tuckaway, since it's a good razor and has a nice, compact case. Usually, I take one of the "ugly" ones to thwart any random envy that may be directed at it.

This is my travel razor. They are made in Germany but that is about all I know about them. I think they are great shavers too. I just haven't decided which to keep and which to sell.

I use the leather case I got for my Vision a while back and it has worked great. I just need to get a travel brush so I don't have to keep putting my regular brusk in a toilet paper tube when I travel.:eek:

Kevin

I use the leather case I got for my Vision a while back and it has worked great. I just need to get a travel brush so I don't have to keep putting my regular brusk in a toilet paper tube when I travel.:eek:

Kevin

I can recommend a small size Edwin Jagger brush. I use their small Best Badger when travelling; it comes in a very nice and sturdy black and silver cardboard tube which I think is the perfect container for it.

proxy.php

Stole this concept from Emmett's thread on creating a travel case....

Sistema 200ml Klip It Round and a piece of foam off the end of a hard drive package, bit of work with a stanley knife cutting out the razor shape.

Fits a slim as well.

( Oh, white thing on the left is a standard plastic blade dispenser )

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
I have my mind set on this beauty:

proxy.php

VERY NICE! Now there is a new AD for me......:mad3: I have been using the leather Merkur travel case, but I did pick up a plastic razor holder from CVS for less than $2. I am planing on picking up a couple more and putting razors I am not using in them and then putting a label on the case so if I want a change of razor I can get to it without searching around, and not having a number of razors out in the bathroom and bugging SWMBO.

I found myself on vacation a couple of weeks ago with only one blade (yeah, I know...:rolleyes:) and no case of any kind.
I did, however, have one of those wide, small rubber bands like you find around broccoli at the supermarket. I cranked the gap down to the "1" setting, carefully put the rubber band around the head, and it worked just fine. I cruised around for a few days like that.

Top Bottom