What's new

Indios cigars, not so great...

Had my first Indios this weekend on a nice day, and was thoroughly off-put by it. Had a very grassy, acidic, dried-out flavor and burned hot with less-than-par smoke.

These are all characteristics displayed by poorly kept cigars, however my humidor's dialed in and doing well for my other sticks. I'll be going back to an old standy for my next smoke... CAO Brazilia.

I've never smoked a Puros Indios for this reason. There are too many great value cigars out there for me to buy one.

BTW, you can't go wrong thith that CAO Bazilia.

DL

Good to see another Brazilia fan, I've met many over the years since its introduction. One particular point about that stick is the way it maintains natural oils, which helps produce all the wonderful smoke. Yum.

I haven't had an Indios in probably 2 years, but remember liking them back then. Too bad they've gone downhill.

CAO makes a nice product tho.

Good to see another Brazilia fan, I've met many over the years since its introduction. One particular point about that stick is the way it maintains natural oils, which helps produce all the wonderful smoke. Yum.

I am a fan of CAO, though my cigar buddies knock them. My favorite is the CX2 and the MX2. I love cameroon cigars and the CX2 is one of the more flavorful that I have had.

DL

Quick question from a new member.

Would I be breaking BST rules if I were to offer up a humidor, a bunch of nice smokes, and misc. other cigar stuff for trade for shaving gear? I'm thinking it might be a good way to get me into the DE/Badger Brush world AND give my cigars find a happy place to die.

I'm not smoking anymore. And my collection is going to waste. I still crack the humidors to take a smell every now and then. Mmm...cedar and tobacco. Is that what Tabac smells like? I've never tried it.

Quick question from a new member.

Would I be breaking BST rules if I were to offer up a humidor, a bunch of nice smokes, and misc. other cigar stuff for trade for shaving gear?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe you need a minimum of 50 posts. Good idea, tho.

DL

Yesterday, I read the rules for the BST. I know it says 50 minimum posts and no selling of Tobacco. I just wasn't sure if trading was OK. I'm guessing probably not.

My smokes are a tiny bit dry right now, so I'm going to slowly bring 'em back up to a nice RH. Maybe by then I'll have 50 posts, or maybe my asthma will go away and I can resume enjoying them.

Thanks for the feedback Dustinl.

I am a fan of CAO, though my cigar buddies knock them. My favorite is the CX2 and the MX2. I love cameroon cigars and the CX2 is one of the more flavorful that I have had.

DL

I'll give those two a try, soon. I'm a fan of cameroons too, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the base flavors
icon14.gif

I'll give those two a try, soon. I'm a fan of cameroons too, so I'm sure I'll enjoy the base flavors
icon14.gif

Some of the Arturo Fuentes are good cameroons as well. In fact, when I cut my teeth with cigar smoking, I started with AF. AFs will always be a go-to cigar for me. The Hemingway line is hard to beat but is more expensive than the CAO CX2.

DL

+1 for the Fuentes!!!! Hemingway's are my favorite...... also Romero & Julieta Vintage, CAO Gold and Baccarat's......

You gents have good taste in cigars. Fuentes bring back fond memories for me, as well. I think a nice CAO is in order after my first DE shave tonight.

Top Bottom