What's new

Discussion thread for Knize Ten review

Ok I'm just wondering ... do you guys know what 'Knize' means? :wink: (it emans Earl or Prince .... ) just thought that I would share something as it is also a Slovak word :redface:

I have changed my mind on this scent. When I first used it awhile back, I couldn't stand it. It literally almost made me sick.

Yesterday I applied a very small amount, being careful to just barely press down on the spraytop enough to get a very, very light spray. I have to say, that did the trick. I enjoyed it all day long. Of course, the scent was a tad light, but a full spray is an absolute a no-no, at least for me.

It's growing on me too. Like you, I find that the key is to use VERY little.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
This scent is atrocious to me. I caution anyone considering this scent to get a sample first before you make a purchase.

Howard, my take on the scent is my personal experience. That is why I recommend that gents try first before they buy. This is a classic scent. Scents react differently on gentlemen. Some good and some bad.

I love this stuff. That said, I can see how it could be unpleasant for some chaps ... it's definitely got an edge to it. So you may want to start with a small bottle ... you can get 1 ounce here: http://www.beautifulperfumes.com/brands-k-knize-knize-ten-by-knize-for-men.html for $18 (and a shave soap puck for $20!)

IF you love Blenheim Bouquet and Dunhill for men (1934) you will probably love this stuff too. If perfection for you is Burberry London or L'Occitaine Eaux de Beux, you may want to proceed with caution.

A lovely scent. I favour it more when I'm wearing shirts and ties, but any cooler day can have me reaching for it.

But yes, try before you buy. Definitely. Also definitely use a little bit, and don't let the initial smell of it turn you off, see how it works with your body chemistry.

After reading about K10 here and on basenotes, and looking for it on the internet and here in NY at Bergdorf and not finding it, I finally got a bottle. I love it. Strawberry, camphor, and the aroma that, in fragrances, we have come to identify as leather (iso butyl quinoline) though, for my nose, it smells nothing like actual leather. My wife found it disgusting and said it smelled "like an animal." But my wife doesn't like fragrance. I do, and find K10 fairly uncomplicated. Sweet, powdery, with the "virtual leather" smell, and then after about an hour, sweet and powdery. I might be influenced, probably am, by the history of this and the fact that it's the last of its kind. It makes me feel like I entered a time warp and I'm wearing a scent from an era when men wore black tie to go to the diner. I wish it were still being distributed in the US. Maybe someone will come along and start distributing it again. It's like wearing a piece of history

I'm a recent convert to Knize, but it's become the EdT that I wear for myself. If it is indeed being reformulated, I hope that it returns in force.

I am goin to buy a bottle payday...tomorrow! I have to order it online though so it may be a few days before I can enjoy it

Other than a site in Germany, I couldn't find any US web sites that had Knize Ten EdT or Aftershave. A couple have the soap, but nothing else.

If you can find it, I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

Other than a site in Germany, I couldn't find any US web sites that had Knize Ten EdT or Aftershave. A couple have the soap, but nothing else.

Hopefully they have more than 1 and you don't get it! :wink:

Truth be told, I haven't ordered from this site before so it's conceivable it will go listed as unavailable after I order it.

http://www.perfumenetwork.com/kniztenmetsp42.html

I've found that some of the websites that claim to have it (like Perfume Network) really don't. Check out Colonial Drug in Cambridge, MA--they should have some in stock. Good people, good service, interesting samples.

Hopefully they have more than 1 and you don't get it! :wink:

Truth be told, I haven't ordered from this site before so it's conceivable it will go listed as unavailable after I order it.

http://www.perfumenetwork.com/kniztenmetsp42.html

Sorry my friend, they are out of stock and have been for a long time. I tried to order from every on-line vendor I could pull up with a Google search and not one had it in stock.

Give these guys a call. They have it in stock. Top notch customer service too.

Colonial Drugs

http://www.colonialdrug.com/

Sorry my friend, they are out of stock and have been for a long time. I tried to order from every on-line vendor I could pull up with a Google search and not one had it in stock.

Colonial Drugs

:eek:

Thanks for letting me know. I wish they didn't still have it listed as available. Trickery!

I appreciate the link though. Muchas gracias

Colonial Drugs

Colonial is great and they still have it in stock. At least they did when I ordered 2 more bottles a week or two ago. They also send it out with an invoice and ask that you return the invoice with a check. very refreshing in this day and age.

Colonial is great and they still have it in stock. At least they did when I ordered 2 more bottles a week or two ago. They also send it out with an invoice and ask that you return the invoice with a check. very refreshing in this day and age.

I got a bottle from them at about the same time and they told me that they had plenty. There's probably a vast cavern beneath Harvard Square where they stockpile the stuff.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks

Colonial Drug has it, I bought a large bottle just this past March. Contact them by phone or e-mail. They are listed in the shopping links section. They are very nice to deal with. I called in, they send me the bottle and with it comes the bill, then you send them a check back - like in the old days - TRUST! They do not take credit cards.

Top Bottom