What's new

Discussion thread for Knize Ten review

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Finally finished my decant today. I've really been enjoying it and it is something that has to go on ever so lightly. Honestly, I may put a little more on than one would like and like Henry, I may bathe a little in it.:thumbup1:

Emailed Cathy at Colonial for another decant and K10 soap, unlike a few pricier scents I have Im afraid to pull the trigger on this one. It's by far going to be my most complex scent and don't want to get stuck with it.

Anyone drop K10 after your purchase?

I may be able to help you out - contact me via pm.

Finally finished my decant today. I've really been enjoying it and it is something that has to go on ever so lightly. Honestly, I may put a little more on than one would like and like Henry, I may bathe a little in it.:thumbup1:

Emailed Cathy at Colonial for another decant and K10 soap, unlike a few pricier scents I have Im afraid to pull the trigger on this one. It's by far going to be my most complex scent and don't want to get stuck with it.

Anyone drop K10 after your purchase?

Nope, I'm still using mine. I didn't really use it much this summer (in part because I was away for a couple of months) and maybe in part because it doesn't jump out at me when it's brutally hot. As soon as it started to cool off again, it was back into my rotation. I'm thinking about picking up some of the soap too, although I really don't need it.

......Anyone drop K10 after your purchase?

On the contrary, I've not only grown to really enjoy K10, I've also found myself looking for and sampling other frags that either include an animalic note or a black tarry note, or have a similar type initial olfactory assault like K10. These have included frags like Chanel Antaeus, C&S #88, Givenchy Gentleman, Caron Yatagan, C&S Cuba, and Guerlain Jicky. I enjoy variety, and still enjoy the "tamer" frags like for example Tam Dao and Brooks Bros 1818, but the "wilder" frags are good in the right time and place, and K10 is definitely in this category.

K10 is a good example of why I like reading what people smell in a frag even more than whether they like it or not. It's helpful to know if it's polarizing as that helps understand it, but it really helps to know what it smells like, since every scent is liked by some and disliked by others.

:cool:

I love strong masculine "old world" scents. Not many folks can pull it off but I always get complemented on them. My wife gives me a hard time if the scent isn't "musky" or "manly" enough. But K10 is a favorite of my wife but I always worry about scents I can smell all day and not get the same "love" from it.

I really think it's my body chemistry with K10.

Wow, I quoted a lot. lol

I almost finished a decant of K10, but I guess it still has to grow a little on me. I like it and it is without a doubt a classy scent, but it doesn't awe me in a positive way like K2 did, or in a bestranged way like K Sec did (maybe because I'm not familiar with incense fragrances), or in a green way like K Forest did. Also, I find the longevity of K10 is not so impressive as I anticipated (maybe this has to do with the fact that it is reformulized) - it lasts only for about 4 hours on me.

I've probably mentioned this before, perhaps in this thread, but Knize Ten was not love at first smell for me. I kept trying it and putting it away, dusting it off and trying it again (it was a blind buy). Once I could smell more than the powder, I was hooked.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I love strong masculine "old world" scents. Not many folks can pull it off but I always get complemented on them. My wife gives me a hard time if the scent isn't "musky" or "manly" enough. But K10 is a favorite of my wife but I always worry about scents I can smell all day and not get the same "love" from it.

I really think it's my body chemistry with K10.

Wow, I quoted a lot. lol
"Yes", you "did".
I've probably mentioned this before, perhaps in this thread, but Knize Ten was not love at first smell for me. I kept trying it and putting it away, dusting it off and trying it again (it was a blind buy). Once I could smell more than the powder, I was hooked.

For me, English Fern was the "meh at first sniff" scent I eventually came to love. Actually, IIRC, it was "bathroom cleanser at first sniff" ... someone can search the old posts to see what I actually said, but it wasn't complimentary. Eventually I came around to it and now love it.

K-10 I just loved from the get-go. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom