What's new

Join the B&B Book Club..or else

Just a friendly reminder that you need to sign up and begin participating in the B&B Book Club. I'm not saying that bad things will happen if you don't join, but I'll leave it up to you to figure that out.:frown2:
:behead:

You can find the B&B Book Club HERE

I'd join Gunner, but school just started back up and I don't know how much time I'm going to have for recreational reading. I have a feeling that my trig class is going to fry my brain.

I'm in but one question: do I have to read a book a month? I mean, how the heck will I be able to keep up with all the new posts on the board and read a book?.....:biggrin:

I'd join Gunner, but school just started back up and I don't know how much time I'm going to have for recreational reading. I have a feeling that my trig class is going to fry my brain.

You are excused...but we expect to see you as soon as the semester is over:wink:

If I could find a decent (and reasonably-priced) copy of Phillip Krumholz's "Gillette Collector's Handbook", that would be all the reading I'd be doing for a while.

And looking at all the nice pictures too...

Peace

I'd be interested, but with 2 hours commuting time in the car every day, my reading these days gets pretty limited to what is available on audio book (unabridged). How likely is it that books will be selected that are available in that format, and if I join and the selected book isn't available in that format, would I just "skip" that month/book?

hey, the link won't open. I'm an avid reader of history, war, philosophy, and American Classic Novels so count me in.
go figure, I was thinking of poppa himself, Hemingway, this morning as I pushed aside my Old man and the sea copy,

If you go into The Speakeasy and sort by thread, you'll find a bunch of threads under "B&B Book Club" from 2007-2008.
It looks like there was a social group. I can't tell if those threads were moved or if the group was in addition to what's in The Speakeasy.
In any case, the link in THIS thread is definitely to a social group.
I would like to know more for THe History of B&B wiki page.

It might even reinvent... The B&B Book Club!

Did a query on google: site:badgerandblade.com "book club"
It came up with threads starting in Sept 2007 and seems to have withered by January 2009 when this reminder was posted. Though, google doesn't always pick up everything. Social Groups are automatically removed if they're not posted to in (I think) 2 months. This one seems to have been removed.

It might be better to do this in the forum. I just wonder why it withered? Was it that not everyone's interested in the same books? Or something else?

Last edited:
I love reading but with thesis work starting shortly I doubt I'll be reading anything beyond journal articles :(

Place it up on Goodreads. A lot of us readers are there anyway and moderately active. Might even bring some adders over to B&B!

Top Bottom