What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

I always carry a Swiss Army Knife (sak) and then sometimes add a Delica or PM2 or throw a Leatherman multi-tool in my jacket pocket!

I've been enjoying this one most recently.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1423394136099.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1423394136099.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 261
-I've got a little Gerber lockback folder on a keyring with a set of nailclippers for everyday around town carrying
-a Leatherman "Juice KF4" in my backpack for hiking/camping
-a Buck 110 Folding Hunter on my dutybelt for work (carried with me for 30+ years now)
-and a Schrade "Tough" mulit-tool in my glovebox

I carried various Leatherman products for years and was always satisfied. I lent my Super Leatherman to my neighbor and he never gave it back. Looking for a replacement, I got a phenomenal deal on a Victorinox SwissTool Spirit multitool. I've been very happy with it.

I always carry a fine point Gerber STL 2.0 in my back pocket, just under my wallet. It's not the greatest knife, but it's very flat and streamlined, so it works perfectly as a take-anywhere (well, anywhere legal - no airports!) blade.
When I'm going places where a visible knife is appropriate, I also carry a CRKT combo edge with a point guard.
I also tend to carry a flint and steel, though I doubt I'll ever have occasion to use it.

Spyderco here most of the times./
The best knive that's always sharp is my Robert Herder Taschenmesser.
When I was a kid, most of the boys had some variation of the Herder pocket knife. But back then, a knife was just a knife, so I've never looked closely at the brands and types.

I used to have an old army pocket knife for many years (with bakelite scales, I think). That was when everyone still carried a knife everywhere (e.g. to school, and in the woods), and nobody objected against it.

Nowadays I carry a Laguiole knife most days, except when I am in the UK (despite living in the Netherlands, I am part of a British team in our company), because anything larger than a SAK seems to be frowned upon over there.

Top Bottom