What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

It's a beautifully made knife :) beats the Subcom 42 Dawn I have hands down in terms of build quality and for the price, considering it's a seriously limited edition, it's just awesome. If there are any left I'd snap one up whilst you can

Good to know, I just checked and there still in stock, you tempted me! But I must resist, it is Christmas soon.

Good to know, I just checked and there still in stock, you tempted me! But I must resist, it is Christmas soon.

But unlike most knives, when they're gone they're gone ;) VG10 steel, limited edition and hand made for that price? Grab it whilst you can! But to be honest I'd imagine the titanium Subcom 42 would be just as nice. My only complaint with the other model I have is the plastic (is it plastic? I dunno) scale is backed by metal and I could bend it out slightly which made a horrible cheap sound. Superglue fixed it, but the Heinnie version is completely carbon fibre on one side and metal on the other. The pocket clip is still annoyingly stiff, but for the materials at that price.. VG10 is ace. I'm going to carry and use this knife rather than stash it away as I've needed harder blade steel recently. The edge on a 410 blade didn't last nearly long enough for my last job

But unlike most knives, when they're gone they're gone ;) VG10 steel, limited edition and hand made for that price? Grab it whilst you can! But to be honest I'd imagine the titanium Subcom 42 would be just as nice. My only complaint with the other model I have is the plastic (is it plastic? I dunno) scale is backed by metal and I could bend it out slightly which made a horrible cheap sound. Superglue fixed it, but the Heinnie version is completely carbon fibre on one side and metal on the other. The pocket clip is still annoyingly stiff, but for the materials at that price.. VG10 is ace. I'm going to carry and use this knife rather than stash it away as I've needed harder blade steel recently. The edge on a 410 blade didn't last nearly long enough for my last job

You have sold it to me but if I bought that the wife would have me goolies on a platter ha

These days I carry a Spyderco Resilience, an Ontario Rat One, and a Boker Kalashnikov.

$DSCF1458.jpg

$DSCF1459.jpg

$DSCF1460.jpg

I'm trying to find a new carry knife; my CRKT M16 tanto point seems a bit to aggressive for around the house. I'm thinking of an Opinel no. 7 or a small Case folder like the Texas Toothpick.

Thoughts?

BTW, not terribly expensive in case I mislay it.

a small red jigged bone Fightin Rooster in a muskrat style. Made by on old master in Solingen Germany. You can put the end of the blade on its side on a table and it will flex a good 1/4 inch without snapping, heat treated perfectly. Ive carried it for 20 years. Two long keen sharp pointy end blades just alike. The only kind of blade i need and two is nice for when one gets dull.
They open on opposite ends of the handle so you can get em comin and going. lol

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Lately it's been an old Camillus cub scout knife I found all rusty in a box, and got working again. Takes a good edge, has a bottle opener, and if a cop busts me with it, I have the fairly legitimate argument of "hey, this thing was required carry when I was eight years old!"

proxy.php

Lately it's been an old Camillus cub scout knife I found all rusty in a box, and got working again. Takes a good edge, has a bottle opener, and if a cop busts me with it, I have the fairly legitimate argument of "hey, this thing was required carry when I was eight years old!"

proxy.php

I have the same knife!!! From around the mid-1970s when I was a Cub Scout. The blue plastic has whitened some and the blade is not too shiny but it still does the job.

Thanks SO MUCH for posting this!!!

proxy.php

I see how you roll. ES October 1999 myself.

proxy.php

Kershaw Emerson CQC 6K is my most carried folder. However I always have a SAK on me, whether it be a classic on a key chain, or a Fieldmaster or Swisschamp in a belt sheath.

proxy.php
I wonder if they even give Scouts knives nowadays....

Top Bottom