What's new

Turk coffee

I don't make it as often as I should but I do enjoy it when I do make it.

Maybe tomorrow.....

proxy.php

I've made the Czech version of Turkish coffee which is just hot water poured over finely ground coffee. Stir once and the grounds sink to the bottom. No sugar. Quite nice.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I get it fairly often from a couple Turkish places around here, as well as from a Lebanese place. I've never actually made it, though. One of these days . . . .

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The owner of one of the cigar shops I go to is Egyptian, and on occasion will make coffee for whoever is hanging around. It's delicious, but really goes to my head.

I guess it's time for me to break out my ibrik and make some as well, been a long time, now that I think about it.

Of course, after saying that, I realized I had just enough ground coffee left from making the big one to do a small ibrik, so smaller cup for a nightcap it is. lol

Nothing like it, I've got a Eureka 75E grinder capable of a very fine grind with a hand beaten ibrik from turkey.. bring it to a rise three times, skim off the crema into the cups, add the precious black gold and enjoy!!

I had that once in Chicago, and loved it. Thanks for the reminder! Now that I own a grinder, I need to get the brewing pot and try it out.

Top Bottom