What's new

Suggest a razor

My dad started with a DE and thought it was too aggressive. He used an electric for 10 years. Then he switched to a Schick Injector and has been happy with that for 40 years.
Any good starting point injectors? I know some are more aggressive than others...

Sounds like you already have a good stable of razors. More practice will probably result in better results. I'd try that before looking for a different razor.

Like others, I find the Slim and the SuperSpeeds a bit tricky to manoeuvre under the nose. I can do it, but it's tricky.

Good suggestions on the Old and New, and a straightforward Tech is very easy to use for the tricky areas.

I find the head geometry on the Fatip Piccolo to be the best of the lot.

I would go with a Gillette adjustable, which you have. If you prefer a shorter handle and more left, try a Gillette Fat Boy. Enjoy! :thumbup1:

The razors I think of when talking about easy to use are superspeed and merkur 34c. TTO and 2-piece are easy to use and both a mild shavers. Hope this helps.

I think you're looking for a Pre-War Tech. Make it the Canadian version for extra pizazz.

I'd love a straight razor but couldn't handle the honing and stropping. They are beautiful though.

Thanks for for all the suggestions. I'm going to try and find a nice Tech, the New seems more scarce in the UK.

Update.

After the advice given I decided to go for a pre-war Tech.

I imported one to the UK from Jay at Delta Echo Razors.

It arrived today; great timing as I have 2 days growth.

First impressions;
It's smaller than my Slim, lighter and more manoeuvrable. Just what I wanted.
Super BBS shave with 2 passes. Very quick. No irritation. The blade gives more audiable feedback than my Slim. Not sure why and not sure if this is somehow linked to the great shave.

I'm happy.

Thanks for the advice from everyone.

IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG

Wow, beautiful razor :c17: (I'm not crying, that's as close to a "drool" icon as I could find). I'm looking for a modern open comb. That seems to be the best of both worlds, classic razor quality, new look with those finishes and the prices (while a lot higher than the $20-40 razors I'm looking at) aren't bad. I may have to spend some time on the Delta Echo Razors website.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Good looking razor!!

I have shaved with a Miriad of razors new to vintage. I always come back to the pre-war Tech as my favorite.

When I moved recently I could not find my Tech. B&B member @IronHammer saved the day a piffed me one.

Enjoy that Tech....nice piece of art work.

Top Bottom