What's new

Starter Set PIF - Covering The Basics

After lurking for about 2 years, I decided to become a member and pay a little back for all of the information and entertainment I have received from B&B. I started improving my software and quickly picked up a DE a little over 2 years ago. This PIF represents items I have tried, liked and then moved on from - plus some that just didn't work for me. Putting this together made me recall all of the fun I had in my early experimentation and I think it will be a nice selection of basics for the newer wet shaver

The Rules
This is open to ConUS residents only due to the aftershave content. Reply and let me know you are "in." Mention if you have been wet shaving for less than 6 months and you'll get a double entry. (Thanks [MENTION=89666]emwolf[/MENTION] for the inspiration in the rules of your recent PIF). The cutoff for entries will be midnight Eastern Time on Friday, 1/20. I will pick a winner via random draw next weekend.

The Goods and The Story

$20170113_164804 (1).jpg
Merkur 23C - This is a duplicate of my first DE I bought for a travel kit. It's been lightly used and it's freshly cleaned and dipped in Barbicide, so it's ready to go. I liked the razor quite a bit, it's a mild shaver and nicely made. Alas, I got bit by the vintage Gillette bug...

A Few Blades - I threw in a tuck of Astra SPs (the blade I chose early on to develop my skills) and a couple of other blades left over from a sample pack.

Edwin Jager Travel Badger Brush - This brush collapses into the handle for travel. The knot is fairly small, but it's super convenient for travel. I used this for a few months for travel, but set it aside when I discovered a Plisson synthetic for travel.

Selection of Proraso Creams - The blue and green are pretty full and there are still la few shaves left in the red. What can I say - I had lots of fun trying the different Prorasos and I want to pass that along! Lately, I have migrated to soaps and shave sticks, so i want to make a little room.

Arko Sticks - As you can see there is a slightly used stick and an unused one. As a new wet shaver how could I pass up the allure of the "Turkish urinal puck" scented soap with the magical performance? Unfortunately, Arko lit up my face every time I tried to use it - I envy the guys who get to enjoy this cheap, tallowy treat.

LEA Shave Stick - I tried this stick a little way into my journey, intrigued by a reasonably priced tallow soap from Spain. It has been good, but not great for me and my fairly hard water. There is lots of love for it, so time to pass this mostly full stick along.

Art of Shaving Unscented Samples - I never got around to trying these, so these are part of the loot.

Afta Original Balm - I am big fan of Skin Bracer and like the smell of this Mennen cousin, however it didn't agree fully with my skin, so the lucky winner can try it.

AV Ice Blue - This is a bit of heart breaker - I wanted to love this classic, but I was only lukewarm on the scent. Unfortunately, my wife is considerably less than lukewarm...​

Hope you found this entertaining and I am looking forward to passing this kit along to bring some happiness to a fellow B&Ber. Good luck!

I'm in. Never tried Arko before. I just went on a hunt for Williams today at the local CVS and Walgreens. Not to be found anymore.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Extremely generous of you. I'd say that I am in, but then I would probably win. Then be killed by the War Dept because she says that I have too much stuff already. And you'd probably be charged as an assesory in the case and you don't deserve that. So I am officially out.

Wow...that stuff sounds really cool. I've only been wet shaving for about 3 weeks, and wasn't going to change anything, but WTH, I'm in.

I'm in...I will give it to my 14 year old son to get him started on the adventure. I have only been wet shaving a year and am hopeful that I can get all 5 of my boys to join the ranks as they each start.😀

Wow, that's one heck of a starter kit! Newbs better get in on this.

Not in

"Never trade what you want most, for what you want in the moment."

Sent from the GnomePhone

Top Bottom