What's new

Revenge of Edwin Jagger

I got a travel sized puck of Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn a couple years ago. Somewhat soft, similar to Stirling or Arko. Never impressed me, scent was OK, lather was blah and short lived. I used it every once in a while. Last week I was straightening things out and moved the EJ to the shower, normal course for me when I've had enough of a soap. It made a LOUSY shower soap, wouldn't lather even with a washrag, nor was it wearing down, I even broke it in half to see if that helped. It was like it turned into hard plastic pieces. After my shower yesterday I tossed the pieces, about the size of orange slices, in the toilet. EJ wasn't done with me, the dang toilet is now clogged and my son borrowed my closet auger and lost it. Off to the hardware store I go...

As much as I feel your pain (I had kids put toys down the toilet when they were younger, and also lose tools when older), that is one funny story.

The negative stories on this soap intrigue me. I have a couple of pucks of Edwin Jagger tucked away in the medicine cabinet; they've been in there gathering dust for six years. I never even tried them. I will break one out and try to 3017 it after I finish my current puck of DR Harris in a month or so.

Any soap so bad that it clogs a toilet sounds like a challenge.

Good thing it wasn't Williams. You might have had 100 years of revenge.... [MENTION=22392]auk1124[/MENTION], perhaps giving it a good Williams style overnight soak will help?

Your problem arose because you failed to give the soap a proper disposal. According to the Shaving Soap Makers Assn., all soaps that fail to perform must be buried six feet under ground, in a paper bag.

Good thing it wasn't Williams. You might have had 100 years of revenge.... @auk1124, perhaps giving it a good Williams style overnight soak will help?

My plan of attack will be a good long soak, and then face-lather them like a shave stick. If that won't get me a useable lather, I'll be in trouble.

But I have to be quiet about it; if the two pucks in my medicine cabinet hear of my plans, they will develop countermeasures.

I have the Edwin Jagger Sandalwood and Aloe Vera. i don't think it performs as well as Haslinger (but what does?). I think it is a perfectly good soap. I keep one in my rotation, but of course ymmv.

Top Bottom