What's new

Edwin Jagger chubby like

Does anyone got this Edwin Jagger brush ? the silvertip with the chubby handle in XL size seems great, but I don't see any reviews.

Worth it ?

EJ

I have an XL EJ Silvertip in a different handle. Very nice, soft, not a lot of backbone, splays easily, so if you like to face lather you will probably like it. OTOH if you like more than a little back bone you may not like it.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Does Jagger still make brushes with Badger hair?? I thought they had dropped them and making only synthetic ones. But, I could be wrong. For some time they used Muehle syn knots, maybe still do. Here from their site:

Brushes​

All Edwin Jagger shaving brushes are filled with the highest quality, hand graded synthetic fibre filling. Our intensive research and development efforts have enabled us to progress from the two hundred-year old practice of using natural hair. Exclusively developed synthetic fibre fill brushes exceed the performance of the traditional product in every way.

Edwin Jagger synthetic fibre filled shaving brushes with unique crimped fillings successfully hold large amounts of hot water and, when combined with a good quality shaving cream or soap, produce a rich creamy shaving lather. With the circular lathering motion, the fine precision tapered tip of each synthetic fibre lifts and softens the beard, cleansing and massaging the face gently during preparation for a comfortable shave. Using an Edwin Jagger synthetic fibre fill brush in the daily shaving routine will enhance the shave quality and improve facial skin appearance and softness.

Does anyone got this Edwin Jagger brush ? the silvertip with the chubby handle in XL size seems great, but I don't see any reviews.

Worth it ?

EJ
I have the XL in silvertip. I believe the knot is listed as 25/55mm. The hair is pillow soft, light backbone and has a wonderful splay. I don’t use it much anymore, because I face lather with hard soap. When I get the cream out it is a treat.

I have the XL in silvertip. I believe the knot is listed as 25/55mm. The hair is pillow soft, light backbone and has a wonderful splay. I don’t use it much anymore, because I face lather with hard soap. When I get the cream out it is a treat.
thanks a lot, it seems pretty floppy unfortunately

Top Bottom