What's new

VDH Walmart Brush question

Can anyone take a guess as to the specs on that boar brush VDH
sells through Walmart. Single item in a box.

Any guess is appreciated.

Iteration
ARKO !

Ditto...
Green handle
Boar brush.
Mine's been good and no loss of hair or other problems.
My issue is that boar doesn't agree with my skin and I went to synthetic...

If I had your address, I could send you the one I don't use anymore.

I am just wondering what I could buy to replace it that
would have a similar knot, height, loft, etc. Mine is falling apart
and I was thinking of getting a comparable Omega, etc.

I have gorilla glued the knot back in once :). Hey, it worked.
But I do like the size of the brush.

I appreciate the offer to send me one but I have other brushes.
I just either don't them or they are too nice for a daily driver.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Iteration
ARKO !

In that case, young man....

No Clue!!

But contact Larry at Whipped Dog and talk brushes with him... I told him what brushes I had and what I liked about them and didn't like .. He steered me to a 24mm standard loft synthetic, built it and shipped it all within a week even to my APO...

Wonderful brush and my daily driver....lathers anything if I'm smart enough to know how to add water...

Out of curiosity, how long did it take for your VDH to fall apart? Is it the badger or boar? I'm coming up on almost a year with my VDH Badger as a daily driver and it's still going strong!

On that note... I vote you just buy another... or, as [MENTION=103776]YKMV[/MENTION] said, get a whipped dog knot... and as I say, pop it into a vintage handle.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. Oh, and if you still want the knot specs on the VDH, I have the badger and boar so I would gladly mic it and give you the 3D milometer specs.

My VDH lasted 6-8 months before it started to fall apart. It was my only brush at the time and the glue started to give out. Now I don't have to worry with my brush rotation. :)

My VDH Boar has been my main brush for nearly 2 years now. About a year ago the knot fell out, but it was still sound and in one piece so I just epoxied it back into the handle. It's in a 2 brush rotation so I use it every other day now. I don't have anything good to measure it with, but I'm sure the knot is bigger than 24 mm diameter as it will obscure a quarter at it's base. I'm thinking about 25 or 26 mm. Not sure about the loft, but I think about 55 mm.

Can anyone take a guess as to the specs on that boar brush VDH
sells through Walmart. Single item in a box.

Any guess is appreciated.

Iteration
ARKO !

Since you bought it at Walmart I'm guessing it was the black handled one. If it is it appears to be about a 22mm brush and about 55mm loft.

If it is the White or Green handled brush that sells for about $10.00 it is much bigger. It is probably close to a 30mm.

I have the black handles boar from the Luxury kit. It was my first brush. I used it about 3-4 months before it started losing large numbers of bristles every shave. The center of the knot is pretty sparse now, and I only break it out occasionally for sentimental value - LOL. It was a good size for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom