What's new

What type of case is this?

Hey there! I'm a student, and I'm taking a shot at asking for some antique information here because all my other searches redirect me to this fabulous website. This is for some homework assignment, and I have spent days scouring the internet for any kind of information, but no luck. This is something we recovered from an archaeological site, and I'm having some trouble dating it or finding any information. It's a brass blade case, I'm guessing, and has the old diamond Gillette logo, the phrase "Known the World Over," and says it was "Made in Canada." It just the top of a case, and no numbers I could trace. I know the picture is a little shotty, but it's the best I can do :( If anyone knows anything about this kind of case, I would love and GREATLY appreciate any!!

kjgnkdajngkajdnbkjabg.png

Hey there! I'm a student, and I'm taking a shot at asking for some antique information here because all my other searches redirect me to this fabulous website. This is for some homework assignment, and I have spent days scouring the internet for any kind of information, but no luck. This is something we recovered from an archaeological site, and I'm having some trouble dating it or finding any information. It's a brass blade case, I'm guessing, and has the old diamond Gillette logo, the phrase "Known the World Over," and says it was "Made in Canada." It just the top of a case, and no numbers I could trace. I know the picture is a little shotty, but it's the best I can do :( If anyone knows anything about this kind of case, I would love and GREATLY appreciate any!!

View attachment 1738234
Are you in Europe? Were these artifacts from a WW1 battlefield?

The top item appears to be a rifle cartridge case.

The bottom item does indeed appear to be a blade bank.

However I can't ID it precisely.

However I can't ID it precisely
Now that you mentioned it, ammo casing would be correct. Must have been using that for size comparison?

Yes, knowing that they are two separate pieces, I would say blade bank as well.

However I can't ID it precisely.
Hi ! I'm actually in Canada; these come from a logger's cabin in Ontario. The top item is definitely a casing, yessir! Most likely from an 1873 Springfield rifle. I should've clarified in my original post, whoops.

I appreciate it nonetheless, thank you!

Top Bottom