What's new

Have you ever wet shaved in the shower?

Before switching to DE's from multi-blade cartridges, I always shaved in the shower. Then a couple of years ago I found DE and shaved at the sink. Today, I experimented and tried traditional wet shaving in the shower. The experience was pretty good. It felt a little bit clumsy, though, because I didn't have a counter top to set the razor on or the brush, etc. I brought my trust ol' Gillette Tech Ball End loaded with a Lord Platinum blade into the shower with my Grosvenor brush and CO Bigelow cream. My brush was fully soaked by the time I was ready to shave. All went well, except for a little nick on my neck. Clean up was a breeze. It was an ok experience but I'd rather shave with a DE at the sink. I think I'll save wet shaving in the shower for use with a disposable when/if needed.

I really enjoy shower shaving; it's very relaxing, there's no problem getting my whiskers hydrated and no messing around cleaning the hand basin afterwards. Fortunately the shower area has a handy ledge for keeping my soap, brush etc. handy, and I've invested in a good mirror that doesn't mist up.

I shower shave regularly (easier for a head shave). I turn off the water while lathering and shaving. I have a couple shelves, one where I keep a plastic cup filled with water for rinsing the razor, I keep a wet handtowel for wiping the lather off my hands and then I keep my scuttle on the floor of the shower, so I don't drop it and shatter it. Pass one, quick rinse, change the water in my rinse cup and relather, followed by another rinse and cleaning off my hardware.

Do it most of the time. I have a shower head with a valve so I don't waste water. A shelf just outside the shower curtain holds my razor/brush stand and various creams & soaps. The sink, scuttle and straights are weekend luxuries for the most part.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Used to all the time. No mirror needed, I know where my face is:001_smile Also used to shave my head in the shower. Slight waste of water, so I shave after I shower now.

A Marvy mug is an unbreakable rubber mug ideal for holding your puck.

For creams, Em's Place ( www.shaveplace.com ) offers creams in a pump bottle. I don't know if the bottle is plastic or glass. They also offer plastic travel size dispenser bottles ( called a malibu travel tube ) that will hold a week's worth of shave cream and is shower safe.

Top Bottom