What's new

Gillette Silver Blue - Longevity/Life Time

I stop after 5. Ive gone to 6. Ive got a propensity toward ingrowns and i dont get ingrowns with my de shaving but i dont want to push my luck with dull blades. Like all blades I can feel that the blade is less sharp, harder to shave as it gets more used. So after 5 i throw it out. GSB on Amazon are under 20cents a blade so Im satisfied tossing it after 5.

I count the shaves with a die (singular of dice). I believe GSBs, like Voshkods and many other brands, have still been strong at 6 shaves and I sometimes push an extra one. Maybe I could run them 20 shaves or more like I used to do with cartridges, but there seems little reason to do so with blades being cheap.

GSB's are excellent blades! I'm a 3 and out guy. I can get 3-3pass shaves and they're gone. Not worth stretching it out for me and ruining the experience. From what I've seen and all the blades I've tried, that's my magic number.

I love GSBs. I get 4-5 shaves from a GSB, which is very similar in to performance to my favorite blade, the Nacet Stainless, which always gives me at least six good shaves.

Top Bottom