What's new

Gillette Silver Blue - Longevity/Life Time

Hello :)
A few days ago I shaved with Gillette Silver Blue , The First Shaving was fantastic, but the second shaving I certainly felt that he becomes weak and loses its sharpness.
It happens to you too or is it psychological ??
What do you think about it ???

Thank you very much ...

I really like them. They're one of my favorites, along with Astra SP. A GSB was the first blade I shaved into the double digits. I've made it into the mid 30s on a few of them.

Hello :)
A few days ago I shaved with Gillette Silver Blue , The First Shaving was fantastic, but the second shaving I certainly felt that he becomes weak and loses its sharpness.
It happens to you too or is it psychological ??
What do you think about it ???

I think blades are capable of giving quality shaves for much longer than we think. That said, it's your face and if you only get one decent shave out of it, so be it.

What blades give you the most shaves?

You know, there's so many variables.... I find that the durability of blades changes with different razors. And sometimes I seem to get a different number of shaves out of the same blade in the same razor. (Who knows, maybe the lather, length of my whiskers, number of passes, curvature of the earth, or some other factor changes.)

I tend to get about 4 beautiful shaves out of a GSB - and then several more very good ones.

Four smooth, irritation free, three pass shaves. Could probably get a few more too but why push it when blades are so cheap.

I think blades are capable of giving quality shaves for much longer than we think. That said, it's your face and if you only get one decent shave out of it, so be it.

What blades give you the most shaves?

for me 3 shaves per blade be great, but looks the GSB can give me only 2 close shaves, with gillette 7 o'clock Yellow Sharp Edge, and the Wilkinson Sword (German) black package, I can get closer shave 3-4 times per blade .

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+1 GSBs and Astras. After trying many-many, those two seem smoothest.

You should get 3-4 shaves per blade, but if not, a new DE blade each time is still cheaper than a $5 cartridge per week.

AA

for me 3 shaves per blade be great, but looks the GSB can give me only 2 close shaves, with gillette 7 o'clock Yellow Sharp Edge, and the Wilkinson Sword (German) black package, I can get closer shave 3-4 times per blade .

I parked my double-edge razors for Single Edge SEptember, but I have 11 shaves on a 7 O'clock Yellow and 14 shaves on a German Wilkie.

GSB is a great blade for me & my medium beard. X12 smooth shaves & no razor burn. What is your beard type that you get only one good shave from the GSB blade..?:w00t:

I've only been pushing mine to 3 shaves. One two-pass shave for #s 1 and 2 and the third splits # 3 and 4.

They're capable of giving 10+ shaves if you're careful, but I like getting my three consistent shaves and pitching the blade.

I usually get 3 good, 3-pass shaves from a GSB before I toss the blade. Sometimes, I keep it for a 4th 3-pass shave. If I've used the blade for some 2-pass shaves, I'll sometimes keep it for a 5th shave.

I have one that is still giving me great shaves after 10 shaves. I have been able to get as many as 26 if I recall correctly. Mostly two pass shaves. The last one was 22-24 and I retired it early. Right now I have an Astra SP that on its next shave (tomorrow?) will be 26.

Top Bottom