What's new

How would you rate Nivea shaving cream?

I've been using both the regular and sensitive skin versions for a few months now. I like them, but they're the first non-can shaving creams I've ever used, so I don't have any real frame of reference to compare them to.

What do you guys think of them?

On a side note, are Nivea products relatively new in the US? I'm in Canada and Nivea products have been sold here for as long I can remember.

I've never used the cream, but as to their availability in the US, I've never seen them at drugstores. Usually the only non-can shaving creams I can find are Dove Men+ Care (solid cream for the price IMO), Neutrogena, Cremo (solid for a brushless cream), and occasionally the Pacific Shaving Caffeinated Shave Cream.

I always pick mine up when I travel to Europe. You can't get them in stores here. The creme itself gives a really good, protective lather. The scent is ok...nothing fancy... good daily product. Nothing fancy. I'll always have a tube of it in the den... I can only recommend it.

I always pick mine up when I travel to Europe. You can't get them in stores here. The creme itself gives a really good, protective lather. The scent is ok...nothing fancy... good daily product. Nothing fancy. I'll always have a tube of it in the den... I can only recommend it.

That's shocking to me. You can buy the full Nivea line just about anywhere here.

And their lotion predicts and I think the canned shave stuff.

The cream is ok it's not as good as tobs or most my soaps. I think I liked arko cream little more then it. I love their balm though and use it every day. Scent is similar to the balm. Only place I've seen it is online I got it as a add on from Amazon.

I've only used the Sensitive cream. Not the best cream, but good, and a great cream for the price point. I heard it's discontinued in the US. Makes me glad I have two tube in reserve.

I've used the sensitive cream. It's okay, nothing super. The only other creams I've used are Proraso green and Yes To Naturals and I think they are both better. Certainly they last longer. In my experience the Nivea tended to dry up a bit toward the end of my shave. Maybe I just wasn't using enough water but that didn't happen with Proraso or YtN.

To me, blue has the performance but white has the better scent, slightly. At this point I have no bloody idea anymore how many creams I've bought and used, but I would keep the Nivea (Blue) in my top five! Especially being local for like three bucks!

I've seen Nivea local to me in the states. I use the Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm for when I use my electric razor. I found it really does help with irritation. I haven't tried it after using a blade as I normally don't get irritation.

Nivea shave cream is difficult to find in US now. Used to be more common in supermarkets.

For the price, it's s really good performer. Probably not the slickest cream but lathers easily and as others mentioned nice and protective. (Also TEA free, which is important to me as that ingredient is very common in good creams but irritates my skin). I used it daily before it disappeared from US shelves. Now I normally stick with Proraso creams and Caties bubbles (soft soap).

Last edited:
I do not use Nivea (and Florena, same manufacturer) creams because they contain silicones (PDMS), i. e. ingredients that definitely do not belong into cosmetic products that I apply to my skin. :001_rolle

It has been discontinued in Australia, but I've got a stock of it. Quite like it. Mild scent, very slick and cushioning lather. Easy to lather.

It has been discontinued in Australia, but I've got a stock of it. Quite like it. Mild scent, very slick and cushioning lather. Easy to lather.

What makes you believe its been discontinued in Australia?

Nivea Australia only began distributing this product about 5 months ago. It's still sold at Coles and I've seen plenty of stock and haven't sighted any clearance tickets just yet.

I hope you're wrong about that! My two nearest Coles both have plenty of stock and I've seen it at a local IGA too, with no indication of it being discontinued or marked as "clearance." I may need to stock up while I can - do you have a source for this information?

[MENTION=101734]Volare[/MENTION], [MENTION=111000]justarb[/MENTION], I hope I'm wrong, but but it's not even listed on the Nivea website.

@Volare, @justarb, I hope I'm wrong, but but it's not even listed on the Nivea website.

I would not speculate that it has been discontinued because its not listed on their web-site. They have never listed it on their web-site to begin with. There's always been a few Nivea products sold in Aus that don't get listed on their web-site and then there's a few products listed that can't be found anywhere.

Due to limited retail shelf space and new product launches, it would not surprise me if they discontinue it at some stage, but hopefully it will be available in Aus for a while longer. As mentioned by @justarb, if Nivea Sensitive SC is now being distributed into IGA stores, then I would think that this is a pretty good sign that it won't be discontinued anytime soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom