What's new

Hello from Louisiana

Welcome aboard - sounds like you are on the right track. +1 on the Astra blades. Very good blade (except for the goop they put on them to hold the package together),,,,

Lol I know what you mean on that goop.

Welcome and let us know if you get a razor with that mug

Will do as I will probably asking for help identifying it if so though I probably won't use it all the time.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Done and thank you

Welcome aboard. Glad to hear you and family are safe

Yes thank you family is safe

Thanks everyone else for the warm welcome.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Sàlute Djwyman ('Louisiana: Pick Your Passion...Yeah Baby'!)!!
attachment.php
proxy.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian 'Order of Shavedom'). Please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck &
'sit-a-spell'.
proxy.php

It sounds like you're off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and The Zen of Shaving, yes, this Forum has the knowledge, ideas and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbsup:

In my opinion, it's wise and sage of you to get a Razor Blade Sampler, so that you'll see what blade would be a good fit (mild, moderate & aggressive, ect...), for your face and razor(s).

Also, the Thread entitled Wet Shaving Instructions & Tutorials, maybe of great interest to you and is very informative to include B & B's Interactive ShaveWiki's.

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.
proxy.php

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall-of-Fame sub-forum and the Calling all Louisiana

Members
Subforum.
proxy.php
proxy.php

[FONT=&amp]
attachment.php
“What is elegance? [Shaving] soap, [a brush, a razor] and water”! Sir Cecil Beaton[/FONT]

Last edited:
Lol I know what you mean on that goop.

Will do as I will probably asking for help identifying it if so though I probably won't use it all the time.

Done and thank you

Yes thank you family is safe

Thanks everyone else for the warm welcome.
:thumbup:

Hi everyone I am 33 and have been shaving with a DE razor for about a week now and I must say I wish I would have made the switch years ago. Right now I am using stuff I bought at Walgreens which includes a micro touch one razor and VDH soap and brush but I got some Astra SP blades on Amazon because the dorco st300 blades it came with were not all that great. I do however have a razorock yin and yang razor on order that I am looking forward to trying and eventually I will try better soaps and brushes as well as blades but I can't go crazy because the misses will kill me if I blow a bunch of money on yet another hobby.

My wife too friend, don't feel bad. Hearty welcome. :thumbup1:

$IMG_20160823_182219.jpg

My new razor came in yesterday. This thing is pretty awesome. It has this head and one other head that is supposed to be more aggressive. This head is supposed to be the same as the de89 so I went with this head first since the de89 is so popular. I am not sure it shaves a hole lot different than my micro touch one but I like that it is heavier which makes shaving with it easier.

Top Bottom