What's new

Shark Week

So it seems that shark week starts on Sunday. Do any of you fine gentlemen have the guts to brave it out? I know a couple years ago it was a thing. I did a search on my phone, but couldn't find a thread for it. So therfore I'm putting it here.

Ok, now who's in? For one full week you use one blade, and one blade only (you don't have to use the same blade all week, just switch it out for another Shark),the mighty Shark. Starting this Sunday and through to Saturday.

proxy.php

This is going to be an interesting thread but, I have been there & done that already. Shark SS X7 shaves & Shark SC X14 shaves. I prefer the Shark SS as they seem smoother to me than the Shark SC. Both are great blades. I will be following this thread with keen interest.

Shave 1
Fresh blade in my vintage merkur. Lathered up with TOBS Sandalwood, 3 pass, finished with Pinaud Clubman. Very smooth, no cuts no weepers, no irritation. All around DFS! WIN
proxy.php

Not in.

No Sharks. The one I had got used some time ago and tossed. If I recall correctly I didn't really care for it. That was with my MTO.

Not in. I tried a shark recently. It pulled so bad I couldn't even get through one pass. Had to change it out to finish the shave. I do think my beard has gotten tougher as I've gotten older, so that may have something to do with it. It's so weird how different people experience such different results with the same blade.

I was an active participant in previous Shark Week shave-offs but I stopped this year primarily because Discovery "jumped the shark" (pun intended) with their Shark Week shows. More gimmicks, more flares, more drama...less actual content.

Not in. I tried a shark recently. It pulled so bad I couldn't even get through one pass. Had to change it out to finish the shave. I do think my beard has gotten tougher as I've gotten older, so that may have something to do with it. It's so weird how different people experience such different results with the same blade.

I think the razor can make quite a difference - in my OLD types they tug a bit (but still give great results), but in my Techs they are silky smooth.

I tried a shark in my PAA symmetry and it tugged and pulled badly. I tried to finish a 3 pass and had a very rough shave with lots of irritation. Feather is a bit smoother and definitely sharper. I like a feather in my weishi if I don't have much time.

Top Bottom