What's new

July Mess Hall Group Cookout - Theme: BBQ & Grillin'

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That does sound a nice holiday but sadly work is un-seasonally busy. So I'm in the same boat as Owen but for different reasons.
Hey if I did make it over to Texas I could cook you a Kiwi style BBQ. Do you think I could bring a suitcase full of Manuka wood?

Just bring some honey.

I'm expecting five, maybe a sixth grilling book over the next couple of days courtesy of the local library. I might be able to dig up a few new recipes to char with a gas flame.

dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I'm expecting five, maybe a sixth grilling book over the next couple of days courtesy of the local library. I might be able to dig up a few new recipes to char with a gas flame.

dave

That's the spirit Dave. Thanks and have some fun.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
As I fired the Weber in March this year (yup, march, during winter) it didn't really stop since. I'm on bag number 8 of 8kg coal so far and should start bag #9 this week-end. All I can say is that even if not I'm not saying I'm cookin', then I'm cookin'.

I have ribs, burgers and pulled pork on the menu for next week. A couple of other things too but so far, it's that. If I have bad weather, I try to start the weber anyways as long as it's not too windy.

I am no pitmaster, I do enjoy my meat on the Weber.

So....

I'm cookin'

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Don't stress over the small stuff there Buddy. :001_smile

I think some smoked ribs should help.

As I fired the Weber in March this year (yup, march, during winter) it didn't really stop since. I'm on bag number 8 of 8kg coal so far and should start bag #9 this week-end. All I can say is that even if not I'm not saying I'm cookin', then I'm cookin'.

I have ribs, burgers and pulled pork on the menu for next week. A couple of other things too but so far, it's that. If I have bad weather, I try to start the weber anyways as long as it's not too windy.

I am no pitmaster, I do enjoy my meat on the Weber.

So....

I'm cookin'
Pepper poppers come to mind. Also, I have a secret weapon...stayed tuned.

Hi Aaron,

Count me in! Participation in organized events and group cook-offs helps justify further investment.. :biggrin1:

Tom

H-B.O.M.B.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hi Aaron,

Count me in! Participation in organized events and group cook-offs helps justify further investment.. :biggrin1:

Tom

H-B.O.M.B.

I knew you would show up Tom. Making smoke points with the family is a great investment. :thumbup:

I'll second that........plus Mike has a brisket to smoke.

[MENTION=27468]simon1[/MENTION]

Thats right, Mike has a brisket to smoke. Hey Mikey!!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'll second that........plus Mike has a brisket to smoke.

Yeah Chris, but the unsmoked brisket is in the freezer.

Don't think I'm gonna do a smoker thing this weekend as the other stuff I have already smoked and vac sealed, and in the freezer is:

Brisket- both sliced and chopped. Check.

Ribs-regular and the mustard and rubbed thingy doogers. Check.

Bologna-check...several vac sealed packs.

Fatty vac sealed and in the freezer...check.

Pero....

A one or two day's worth of burgers and dogs may be in order though.

Not saying I'm Cookin' though Aaron.

Pero....

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Since I have so much of the already smoked stuff in the freezer, I think I have figured out what I'm gonna grill on the little Sunbeam table top grill thingy that I haven't used for awhile to do a little cook this weekend.

So...I'm Cookin'!!!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Since I have so much of the already smoked stuff in the freezer, I think I have figured out what I'm gonna grill on the little Sunbeam table top grill thingy that I haven't used for awhile to do a little cook this weekend.

So...I'm Cookin'!!!

Thank you Mike. Can't wait to see. BBQ tomatoes would be good. :laugh:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Get those smokers and grills fired up. If you don't own one use that cast iron grill pan sitting unused out in the garage. I want to see some grill marks and smoke rings ya'll.

...get r done.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Smokin' dark thirty is the perfect time to kick thangs off.

.....let the games begin.

$20160703_070910.jpg

Top Bottom