What's new

July Mess Hall Group Cookout - Theme: BBQ & Grillin'

brucered

System Generated
Beautiful view.

I'll be firing up the charcoal ceramic to grill some wings and baseball steaks for supper tonight.....so, I'm cookin'

It was only supposed to be wings, but I've never seen baseball sirloins in store so picked up a couple for the 4 of us to split.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I didn't do it over vacation (I had a hankering to be lazy all week), but I think I am going to pick up a skirt steak tomorrow. I haven't had fajitas in over a month.

brucered

System Generated
I didn't do it over vacation (I had a hankering to be lazy all week), but I think I am going to pick up a skirt steak tomorrow. I haven't had fajitas in over a month.
I'm ashamed to say, I've never had skirt steak Fajitas, let alone made my own.

Our butcher now stocks skirt steak on a regular basis, so I'll be doing them soon.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'm ashamed to say, I've never had skirt steak Fajitas, let alone made my own.

Our butcher now stocks skirt steak on a regular basis, so I'll be doing them soon.

They are very easy. I just soak mine in beer for a bit, and I bought some fajita seasoning from a local supermercado. Just make sure you cut the strips against the grain. If you cut them with the grain then you won't have much luck with chewing them.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
They are very easy. I just soak mine in beer for a bit, and I bought some fajita seasoning from a local supermercado. Just make sure you cut the strips against the grain. If you cut them with the grain then you won't have much luck with chewing them.

Cutting against the grain (very shaving related term) is important. Owen got that from me. See, hanging out in the MH has its rewards.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Ah, I see you're practicing for the DR. I would say smoke on the horizon is a good choice.

If only I had my new camera, the sun rise was better about 15 minutes earlier but the phone does not like low light.
I'm still in the research stage. Until then a crappy cell phone will have to do.
The little woman told me yesterday she wanted a cheap ukulele. I responded with if you don't mind me getting a new camera. Deal done......I did not tell her how much the camera plus lens would cost.

Sorry guy I got off subject back to the Que. I have to go out the buy the ukulele today so may wrap after 4 hours or so and finish in the oven.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Cutting against the grain (very shaving related term) is important. Owen got that from me. See, hanging out in the MH has its rewards.

Yep. I messed up cutting the first one I ever made. When you look at the whole skirt, the width looks about the same length as the fajita strips you get at restaurants. So, I thought that you just had to cut it that direction. That direction, of course, is with the grain. Made taking bites much more difficult. For the uninitiated, I attached a crude picture. The skirt won't be as regular as I have drawn, but you will get the picture. The blue stripes represent the grain. The skirts I have bought can usually be cut into 3 pieces- might be more or less for shorter or longer skirts. The red stripes represent the cuts you should make for the slices. I hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• $fajita.jpg
    $fajita.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 30

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
If only I had my new camera, the sun rise was better about 15 minutes earlier but the phone does not like low light.
I'm still in the research stage. Until then a crappy cell phone will have to do.
The little woman told me yesterday she wanted a cheap ukulele. I responded with if you don't mind me getting a new camera. Deal done......I did not tell her how much the camera plus lens would cost.

Sorry guy I got off subject back to the Que. I have to go out the buy the ukulele today so may wrap after 4 hours or so and finish in the oven.

She'll need lessons. I would say that brings her up to your camera deal.

brucered

System Generated
A mish mash of foods tonight, but delicious none the less.

S&P wings, Drumsticks and Baseball Sirloins over lump and Apple. Homemade Garlic & Parmesan bread sticks with freshly made red wine marinara, veggies with Chipotle dip.

A great Saturday feast.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Bruce, you think like me. "If I'm ganna fire this pit up I'm putting any and everything on there."

I would eat that.

Number two from the Great White North, the land of the grill, this was a quick & light grilling meal.

Grilled Wild BC Salmon with Garlic Scape Pesto & Roasted Pepper Relish

Peanut Sauce Coleslaw

Grill Wok'd Sugar Snaps & Shemeji Mushrooms with a splash of soy and a glop of chili paste.
dave

brucered

System Generated
Wowsers Dave, that is a beautiful plate. Colorful, healthy and I bet delicious.

One of these days I'll cook fish again.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have some habanero wing sauce that I am going to marinate some chicken thighs in tonight. I need to figure whether I want the skin on or go skinless.

Top Bottom