What's new

I am new to B & B forums, although I've been mining it's info for years.

- I'm new to B & B -
I've been meaning to join for a while, and a long sleepless night has made that happen.
Came back to wet shaving about 18 months ago, after a Mach 3 induced coma of 5 or so years. Haven't regretted a minute of it (tho' the wife and the bank manager have) and I cannot believe just how much has become available in such a short time. My first set-up, from 15 to 20(ish), was: Wilkinson Classic, Anon. 2 pound brush, Palmolive (the original and still the best), don't remember which blades. I traded up a little after that, but I can't remember why I stopped, maybe I got a Mach3 as a present..?. At least I didn't move sideways to any 5 / 7/ 11 bladed blasphemies after that. Now I'm back, with one blade, sometimes just one side of one blade.
I generally shave at night, and take my time ("Are you still in that bathrooom!?!"), but I've come to learn that the three pass is not for me. Two passes X grain - L to R, then R to L - does the job most of the time, or with the R41, sometimes 1 and 1/2.
Big fan of: Wilkinson Sword (German) blades, Voskhod ("Wooz, koohd" I'm told) & Gillette Silver Blue; Vie-long Horsehair & Kent Infinity and (of course) Omegas; DE open-combs (Parker 26c, and the kinda-open-comby-ish R41. Resisted buying a FaTip tonight), SE Ever-Ready (metal and bakelite models), Frankenrazors<Devettes, and fiddling about with bits and pieces to make scuttles, racks, stands, balms, oils and more things I could think of with a wee bit more sleep (oh, and use the Gillette guard for travel, when visiting the in-laws in Norway); Derby Limon creme, Kiss My Face Lavender, Figaro (and, Palmolive, already mentioned). I almost always "cocktail" my soaps and cremes with an in-expensive, matching and/or complimentary scented glycerine soap from a local maker.
Like to make my own balms and oils, but also like the old, good scents - Brut, Old Spice Champion, Hai Karate, and my lifelong favourite, Tabac. I like, on occasion, to do a "United Nations of Wet Shaving" tour - one day the blades, soaps, colognes and even foods, drinks and grooming styles of one country, another day those of another country, but really, when all is said and done, I just really really really like to shave, everyday. I have coarse, and "fast" growth so - luckily - I can.
Outside of wet shaving, if you can imagine such a thing, I write novels, radio plays. watch MMA, cook and make long lists of all the shaving hard and software I will receive on that mythic day, when all broke wet shavers get all that they deserve, and all that they ever dared-to-hope-to-dream about.
Ok, that's everything that has ever happened to me, right up until I joined B & B right now, so I'll just say:
I'll have lots of questions about dating (purchased razors, not the other kind. I'm spoken for, tho' a shaving based relationship haunts my dreams). I'd like to know about making use of my Ronson and Darwin razors, starting with straights & shavettes, and plenty of other stuff (I'll have questions / confessions on technique, for as much as I try to purge myself of them, I do have some bad habits, and 18 months is not really long enough to say, with confidence, that I don't have any unconquered contours).
Thankyou (Please try to be patient with any lapses of forum etiquette, it's really a miracle that I can log on at all.)

Hi, welcome to B&B
I switched back to DE shaving just over 18 months back- the lubrastrips on my M3 Power cartridges had been affected by the damp and deteriorated- it was like shaving with sandpaper !!

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

[MENTION=110116]Lord Fatboy[/MENTION] We are so glad you decided to join up! Welcome to Badger & Blade! There are a lot of forums here that can address your questions. Find the forum and post away...ask all the questions you would like. Again...welcome to B&B!

Top Bottom