What's new

I really enjoy DE, should I try something like the Feather Artist Club DX Razor?

I de most of the week. I use my feather ac about once a week. I am now ramping up for straights. It is a gateway drug for me I think. I think you may enjoy the feather it's a little challenging and something fun to learn.

If you are moving up from DEs, there are many other alternatives to consider in addition to straights or shavettes. Give SEs and Injectors a try.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
For about 1/4 the price of the Feather DX, you can get the Feather SS. Folding, uses same blades as DX. Those Feather single edge blades are wicked sharp. There's also an ATT Single Edge coming soon; it uses the same Feather SE blades. I'm slightly tempted.

I love my feather DX but there are a few things you need to consider.

Feather ac system is unforgiving, you will bleed even with proguard.

It will take time for you to acquire the technique to shave with one of those. Hence do not expect great results after a week.

The technique to shave is slightly different than a straight razor, i learned on a traditional straight which are more forgiving than an AC.

If you are happy with all those go get them tiger! I get great shave with my DX with an impressive longevity. 1 pass daily is all i need to be shave for work.

I don't find the Feather AC SS unforgiving at all with Pro Supers - while it's not a coti edge by any means, it's a smooth shaver and not apt to bite. Just use the shallowest angle that shaves and no pressure and you're golden. Maybe the bump really is magic? AFAIK the bump and the slightly different blade exposure are the only differences in head geometry between the DX and the SS.

I use aggressive DEs and took the plunge on a DX a few months ago. This was my first foray into "straights". I got the teak scale version and use Proguards. Yes, it's a steep learning curve, but I am thoroughly enjoying very close shaves. Thinking of getting a second DX with the "pearl" scales.

I love mine, so much that I don't use DE anymore. The crown King shavette is about $20 and performed better for me , that does take full size DE blades

I have the AC SS folder. When I shave perfectly, it gives me a perfect shave. When I'm off just a bit, . . . .

If you have the time and the patience to learn, I say go for it!

I use aggressive DEs and took the plunge on a DX a few months ago. This was my first foray into "straights". I got the teak scale version and use Proguards. Yes, it's a steep learning curve, but I am thoroughly enjoying very close shaves. Thinking of getting a second DX with the "pearl" scales.

go for it! really great shaver!

$tabac feather kent clubman apr 3 2014.jpg

Just know that the blades for the Feather Artist club razors are usually close to $30.00 for 20 count. Sure you may find some cheaper SE blades here and there, but nothing beats the price of 100 Astras DE blades for $11.00. For a "daily driver" razor, those SE blades for the straight razors can add up.

Just know that the blades for the Feather Artist club razors are usually close to $30.00 for 20 count. Sure you may find some cheaper SE blades here and there, but nothing beats the price of 100 Astras DE blades for $11.00. For a "daily driver" razor, those SE blades for the straight razors can add up.

Respectfully i d suggest that you look around.

You can get 10 boxes of PB20 for 85$ shipped from japan on the bay. I assume you will have to had the custom taxes from your country on top of it.

Also consider the number of shave you get out of them most people report 10-15 shave per blade. I am in that ballpark too.

I hope that helps

I may be a bit of an anomaly, but I've gotten as many as 40 shaves from a single pro blade, stropping on a towel after each 3 pass shave.

Haggises said:
Last time I bought 20 Feather Pro they were 12 bucks on Amazon.
Now that's a great deal indeed... Thanks.

Nice price if it s including shipping, i just bought 10 packs when i was in Japan for about 75$
Thats a fantastic deal too. I just don't know when I'll be able to swing over to Japan to pick some blades up at the store. :001_rolle:001_rolle

Top Bottom