What's new

I bought a movement and it came with a wristwatch

I was getting withdrawal pangs from not having bought a new writstwatch in a little while. The last one I bought (Seiko 6139) just didn't do it for me for some reason so it got moved on. Anyway, my primary daily wears at the moment are an Omega pre Bond Seamaster and a Bell & Ross Fusion. After thinking about what I wanted for I while I decided that I was after a Valjoux 7750 movement with day / date complications. If it was in an aviator style then all the better. The price difference between brands for what is effectively the same watch is staggering. You can many thousands of dollars or you can pay many hundreds of dollars depending on the brand stamped on the case. In the end for me it was about the look of the watch, After hunting around for what seemed like forever, I ended up with this Jacques Lemans. I really love the look of it. It's clear and easy to read and at 40mm it wears just about right.

$s-l1600.jpg

$s-l1603.jpg

$s-l1605.jpg

Nice looking watch. How is the lume? I see you have a couple of different straps laying it wait. I hope you will post another shot(s) if you change the strap.

Cool! I did the same thing. I wanted a 25j Valjoux 7750 to practice on, so I bought this:
$IMG_4981.jpg

I got the watch for almost $100 less than I could find a movement. Congrats on your score!

Cool! I did the same thing. I wanted a 25j Valjoux 7750 to practice on, so I bought this:
View attachment 653690

I got the watch for almost $100 less than I could find a movement. Congrats on your score!

Very nice choice. I looked at Bulova and a few other brands. I almost bought a Hamilton that had a COSC certified 7750 but the dial just didn't do it for me. I think if you get a Valjoux 7750 movement and a dial you really like, you're on a winner.

Top Bottom