What's new

What scuttle/mug/lather bowl did you use today?

$DSC_0461.jpg
Vintage Burgess & Leigh shaving scuttle (face lather, the little bowl is more for heating soap or keeping the brush hot)

Last edited:
$becker 001.jpg

As you can see I like room, and this Becker scuttle affords me the room I prefer to lather with. I suppose a bit eccentric, but I hate hearing my brush clink against the side of a scuttle or bowl. No such issues here. I use the smaller one as a brush soaker/warmer between passes. Works out pretty well for me since I have always been more of a painter as opposed to a face latherer....

Very nice! I too perfer larger bowls and scuttles to lather in.
View attachment 698264

As you can see I like room, and this Becker scuttle affords me the room I prefer to lather with. I suppose a bit eccentric, but I hate hearing my brush clink against the side of a scuttle or bowl. No such issues here. I use the smaller one as a brush soaker/warmer between passes. Works out pretty well for me since I have always been more of a painter as opposed to a face latherer....

Here is what I use to make a lather with. Just a basic, simple rice bowl. I need to get a real shave bowl some day but this does a good job. As far as the size, a tub of TOBS (tub of tobs, say that three times fast....) will just fit in it.

$shave bowl.jpg

i used my antique open mouth scuttle with flowers on the side. this open mouth with hot tap water does a great job keeping my brush hot for the next pass. the puck in the top re-lathers very well for the next pass.

there's always a plan B.

Top Bottom