What's new

Gillette blades at Publix

I found these by accident at Publix tonight. Publix keeps there cartridges by the registers due to theft reasons and these were just kind of hanging right in front. Not sure if it was a sign or not but I got them anyways. I have been only using DE's for a little over a year so I consider myself new to it. I use a schick hydro 3 every now and then for speed before work or when I can't seem to get a good shave. I've been trying the Blades from CVS mostly but I've gotten aome Van Der Hagan. I keep hesitating ordering online because I don't know which might work best for my skin (kinda sensitive but not too bad). Anyways. Thoughts, opinions, ect welcome. Thanks. Oh, likes I said, just stumbled on them tonight and also started a new blade of my old ones today as well so it might take me a few days to try myself since I don't always shave every day.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1455245278055.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1455245278055.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
shucks, I was just at Publix today and never thought to look.
Next time though.

Shame, no Publix in my part of the US. The Platinum Plus labeling caught my attention. Doubt they are anything like the vintage Platinum Plus blades though.

Based on the 3 count per pack and language on the packs themselves, made in Brazil seems very likely. I wonder how badly they are overpricing these blades at retail.

Does it say where they were made? Look Brazilian...?

How about a shot of the back of the pack ?

From the thread below:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/480992-Is-Gillette-Finally-Getting-It

Found in a Walgreens in San Francisco. Well hidden in the shaving section...no "official" tag/description. Only two left, and it was positioned to the side and almost completely out of view. I had a friend look for me - thankfully she was persistent!

"Made in Brazil" - interesting. I would have assumed NOS except the date is 2015. Collectively we checked 4 other Walgreens, all with no sign of the blades.

Is Gillette testing these in advance of the release of their supposedly new DE razor at the AOS stores in Spring?

I'll give one of these blades a go and let you know how it shaves.

Todd

$IMG_0949.jpg
$IMG_0950.jpg

Shame, no Publix in my part of the US. The Platinum Plus labeling caught my attention. Doubt they are anything like the vintage Platinum Plus blades though.

Based on the 3 count per pack and language on the packs themselves, made in Brazil seems very likely. I wonder how badly they are overpricing these blades at retail.
If they work better than the ones I've been using that'll be good. I'm still green at this so I am still figuring a lot out.

yeah let us know :) I ended up picking a 3 pack of them at hyvee for 2.79 this past Sunday. I yet to grab for them yet just sitting in my den on display atm haven't been able to tos my isreal personna balde yet :) I get a 10 pack for about 2.39 which isn't bad. I haven't found any 9 of 3 packs yet at my Walgreen's

I hope they work well for you. "Made in Brazil" scares the crap out of me, but it's definitely a good sign that P&G is starting to remember the DE market.

Is Gillette/P&G trying to pass off a "tuck" as 3 blades now? Kind of like taking a packet of bacon from 500g to 375g and hoping that people wouldn't notice. Marketing...

Is Gillette/P&G trying to pass off a "tuck" as 3 blades now? Kind of like taking a packet of bacon from 500g to 375g and hoping that people wouldn't notice. Marketing...

I think it's a Brazilian thing more than a Gillette thing. The dish soap is watered down, the milk comes in 1L boxes, etc. Nearly all packages in Brazil (made for Brazilian markets) are smaller.

So I had to go ahead and try them. I think they did really well. I'm an every day, if not every other day, shaver fyi. Used it in a Tech. Tech isn't my favorite so I want to try in my Parker next. I'm also still looking for a good soap. I didn't get the best lather because I got in a hurry to go somewhere. I like my Van der Hagan shave butter so I'll either use that or my new caffeinated cream from Pacific. Still, only one nick and that was my fault. Not bbs (almost) but pretty good after two passes. Here's what I used in the pic. Forgive the mess. Best blade I've tried since I haven't ordered any from a website. $uploadfromtaptalk1455319940440.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom