What's new

How Many Shaves to the bottom of a Shave Stick?

If no one else speaks up for Cherry, I could take a second turn. The shipping time should be short, since I am not far from Koso. I am somewhat curious to see if the burn has toned down since January.

A Palmolive stick sounds good to me too. I have several, but I have yet to finish one so it would be useful to know how long they last. Per http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Shave_stick it is a 50-g stick, and I suspect it will last fairly well. To speed things up, shall we do 5 shaves per turn? It might also help if we could minimize the number of times the stick crosses international borders.

Go for it!

How do I properly use a shave stick? I am using an Arko shave stick given toe by a fellow B&B member. I unwrapped the Arko stick and got my brush wet then in a circular motion got the shave stick lathered up. I tried direct face lathering but it did not work. I ran the stick under hot water. I love Arko! It is awsome! Where can I purchase another one? Does Arko make an aftershave balm?

This might, perhaps, become the longest running thread in B&B history, and also the most boring. I propose to count the actual number of "shaves" contained in a shave stick.

Yesterday evening I received two new shave sticks from QED for this study/experiment; those being Lime and Peppermint/Grapefruit.

I shaved with the Peppermint/Grapefruit this morning. So here goes:

Peppermint/Grapefruit: One.
Lime: Zero.
A few minutes ago, I had to renew my acquaintance with QED. But so far, this time around, the only shave stick I have is Palmolive, and it seems quite small. If I ever tried anyone else's shave stick at any point in the 58 years of shaving going back to my start, I cannot recall. When I visited QED's site, they had many brands for sale. I don't think the little Palmolive stick I have will last as long as your thread at B&B has . .

I suppose I should go to the end and scroll up to see what's keeping the thread alive, shouldn't I?

I suppose I should go to the end and scroll up to see what's keeping the thread alive, shouldn't I?

Only if you want to learn a little about how long shave sticks last, their personalities (!) and traveling experiences, the fine story telling skills of some forum members, and to be generally entertained.

^ This plus I give the brush a charge also.

Cherry is on his way to retire in the Bay Area.

I hope Cherry has fun in the Mission and Castro districts. I hear those areas are a barrel of fun!

Also, five more days before I send the Palmolive stick to its first user. If anyone wants to make a prediction of how many shaves the stick will last please do. Participants please volunteer as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I just shaved with a Palmolive EU stick (I have more than one, the one I will be submitting for this thread is unused). Soaked then tip for about ten minutes, applied to face, lathered with wet brush -- had enough lather for three passes easily (not common with many sticks). I have a feeling that those participating in this installment of the stick pass-around are in for a treat!

Also, welcome to Badger and Blade, Frosty. I hope to see you here for years to come.

So far I have bbarton713 and mblakele from the US and Bacchus from Canada.

Four more days before I mail out the stick, please sign up now to get to use the Palmolive stick faster, first come first serve for US residents, then Mexican residents in order of submission (we must have one posting member from Mexico), then Canadian residents in order of submission.

bbarton713 please PM me your address to me so I can get the stick out without delay (hopefully).

I am going to guess 60 shaves with P. Palmolive. P. Palmolive is currently having fun in the sun in Cabo with a kinky young lass and will be back in town Sunday so I can send him on first thing Monday morning. No alcohol involved that I know of although the performance may be recorded for a certain SF Mission District entertainment company's website.:lol:

Ok, just to tie up the loose ends of one thread before we launch another (as much as it is possible to tie up ALL the loose threads left behind by Cherry) we have to announce a winner. I'm going to base the winner on the number of shaves before Cherry went off into retirement. At the end of his documented travels in this thread 35 shaves had been logged.

Koso, with a guess of 45, was the closest. Please PM me your mailing address and I'll send you the prize: Honeybee Essentials "Christmas Morning" in a 4oz tub as donated by Sue!

Sue was definitely a part of all this though she was only able to observe. She worked behind the scenes with me to make Cherry a gentler shaving companion and I appreciate her generosity in providing the stick and also in providing the prize. Thanks, Sue!!!

I'm going to base the winner on the number of shaves before Cherry went off into retirement. At the end of his documented travels in this thread 35 shaves had been logged.

Koso, with a guess of 45, was the closest. Please PM me your mailing address and I'll send you the prize: Honeybee Essentials "Christmas Morning" in a 4oz tub as donated by Sue!

Sue was definitely a part of all this though she was only able to observe. She worked behind the scenes with me to make Cherry a gentler shaving companion and I appreciate her generosity in providing the stick and also in providing the prize. Thanks, Sue!!!

Congrats Koso, and thanks to Sue. Ending the Cherry saga makes sense for this thread, so that we can move on with our new European friend.

I have added the approximate count to the wiki, labeled as such. I am still interested in the total shave capacity of the stick, soo I will do my best to track shaves until Cherry tires of my company here.

Top Bottom