What's new

Fatboy February - 2016 Edition

Gillette "Executive" Fat Boy. (case from non-executive)

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 161
This will be my first Fatboy February. I will be using an F 1 my wife bought me
$20160122_172851.jpg$20160122_172917.jpg$20160122_172945.jpg
I will be using Feathers, Nacets,and Polsilver SI

I'm in..

I just received my Fatboy. It was found in some stored belongings of my dad. I assume it was his but can't be sure as he is no longer with us, nor anyone who would know. The date code is E-1 I just finished a hot water / dawn detergent soak & toothbrush scrubbing which improved it quite a bit. Find a before & after picture below. As for settings/blade, I'll have to get back to you on that as I have yet to use it. The cleaning literally just finished a matter of minutes ago and it was too cruddy to use before. Any suggestions on settings/blades would be appreciated.

Before
$Dad-Fatboy-after-only-a-wipe-down.jpg

After
View attachment 633157

Last edited:
I'm in, I'll have to post pics later. I usually start on 6 for two WTG passes and finish on 2 for cleanup. I only go for SAS lately to avoid irritation and burn.

I'm in. Going to be using a F1 Fat Boy that I picked up this week. It cleaned up well and may eventually go in for a replate.

$Fatboy1.jpg

For blades I will be using Astra SPs... well one Astra as long as I can for the One Blade in Feb. thing as well.

I'm in
December was old type. Jan has been new improved. I was going to do the new in feb (and march, both short and long comb)
But... I'll skip a few decades and use my G1 FatBoy for all of February. (One exception being when I get my barber hot towel shave & haircut)
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453984318.323852.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453984362.711418.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453984440.171559.jpg
I'm yet to use this puppy since I got it from the bay. I'm a FatBot virgin.
I'll be using feathers, starting the month with a fresh blade on #2 and dial it up through the month.

Now where do I get that shirt!

Updated Entry List. Let me know if I forgot anyone, or anything. Last year I assigned nicknames to everyone's Fatboys. I think on Feb 1 when we get this thing started I'll pull the names from last year and see who still needs a moniker assigned. If you don't have one yet, but you know what you would call your razor, let me know.

01. gwsmallwood - F2
02. Hightspeedlane - ??
03. nelsonic21 - E4
04. Penknight - E?
05. PaneledZero - F4
06. skypsed - G1
07. Rasputin - E4
08. Troy - ?? - ?? - ?? - ??
09. beamon - F2
10. Inari7 - E4
11. jcoguer - E3
12. Space_Cadet - ??
13. Spanish Flea - E1
14. Mike1911 - E3
15. thumper4524 - G3
16. NesOne - E4
17. Funky 34s - E2
18. KKelly - E2 - G1
19. Skeezixx - F2
20. MarkD51 - E1
21. muiriddin - F3
22. Red Rider -
23. jerrylee101 - F1
24. TexFlood - E1
25. deezle
26. Mudruck - F1
27. FrontlineFodder - G1

Oldest FatBoys:
Spanish Flea
MarkD51

Youngest FatBoy:
thumper4524

When is the deadline? I have a FATBOY that I need to clean first. I have yet to use it.
I'm nearly in the same boat. I've been soaking mine to clean it for the last couple days. The outside is pretty clean but the adjustment ring is stuck so continuing to soak it.

I'm nearly in the same boat. I've been soaking mine to clean it for the last couple days. The outside is pretty clean but the adjustment ring is stuck so continuing to soak it.

When is the deadline? I have a FATBOY that I need to clean first. I have yet to use it.

You guys are in. I'm not saying you need to use it exclusively for the entire month. I'll probably take a couple of days off when my Fatip Replacement gets here so I can make sure it doesn't have the same alignment issues as the one I returned. I was just hoping that those who signed up would participate, and maybe even feature the Fatboy this month.

Updated Entry List. Let me know if I forgot anyone, or anything. Last year I assigned nicknames to everyone's Fatboys. I think on Feb 1 when we get this thing started I'll pull the names from last year and see who still needs a moniker assigned. If you don't have one yet, but you know what you would call your razor, let me know.

01. gwsmallwood - F2
02. Hightspeedlane - ??
03. nelsonic21 - E4
04. Penknight - E?
05. PaneledZero - F4
06. skypsed - G1
07. Rasputin - E4
08. Troy - ?? - ?? - ?? - ??
09. beamon - F2
10. Inari7 - E4
11. jcoguer - E3
12. Space_Cadet - ??
13. Spanish Flea - E1
14. Mike1911 - E3
15. thumper4524 - G3
16. NesOne - E4
17. Funky 34s - E2
18. KKelly - E2 - G1
19. Skeezixx - F2
20. MarkD51 - E1
21. muiriddin - F3
22. Red Rider -
23. jerrylee101 - F1
24. TexFlood - E1
25. deezle
26. Mudruck - F1
27. FrontlineFodder - G1

Oldest FatBoys:
Spanish Flea
MarkD51

Youngest FatBoy:
thumper4524
Hi Garrett

You might have missed it, but I posted a pic and date codes Post #40 Anyway codes are E-1, E-1, F-1, and G-3.

Also I've heard you say that the Cap set your Fatboy up 2 settings. I'm wondering did he do something internally to take advantage of the small movement after 9? And if so is it basically the same as overclocked to 1? I've never shaved overclocked before, but have thought about it. Have you overclocked, and do you know if it is hard on the razor?

Hi Garrett

You might have missed it, but I posted a pic and date codes Post #40 Anyway codes are E-1, E-1, F-1, and G-3.

Also I've heard you say that the Cap set your Fatboy up 2 settings. I'm wondering did he do something internally to take advantage of the small movement after 9? And if so is it basically the same as overclocked to 1? I've never shaved overclocked before, but have thought about it. Have you overclocked, and do you know if it is hard on the razor?

Mine still only has 9 adjustments, the gaps just start out larger. My gap on 1 is the same as everyone else's on 3.

Count me in again. I've been a little absent since work has been crazy but I'll use my "Old Faithful" on 7 daily. It's a G2.

I almost feel like I should use my 1958 Gillette Fatboy since everyone else is also using their 1959 models and later, but I used it exclusively for last year's Fatboy February event.

I'm off to prep my '59 with a thorough cleaning and getting a tuck of blades from the pack. I'll post a picture of it afterward, and give the full date code. It won't be a wonderful picture as I'll be using my Motorola Moto X, but it'll be here nevertheless.

I almost feel like I should use my 1958 Gillette Fatboy since everyone else is also using their 1959 models and later, but I used it exclusively for last year's Fatboy February event.

I'm off to prep my '59 with a thorough cleaning and getting a tuck of blades from the pack. I'll post a picture of it afterward, and give the full date code. It won't be a wonderful picture as I'll be using my Motorola Moto X, but it'll be here nevertheless.
Is the 1958 the different design?
With the adjustment dial at the bottom?

E-2 Fatboy. Recently acquired.
It came with the case and a couple blade holder's.

I haven't used it yet so not sure which setting.

It's in the ultrasonic as I type.

Here's the before pic of
"OL' DIRTY"
proxy.php

E-2 Fatboy. Recently acquired.
It came with the case and a couple blade holder's.

I haven't used it yet so not sure which setting.

It's in the ultrasonic as I type.

Here's the before pic of
"OL' DIRTY"
proxy.php

need to see the after pics once it is done in the ultra sonic :)

Top Bottom