What's new

Thornton's Luxury Ink

I'm a newbie to FPs and inks. Just wondering if this is a good ink. I have seen them on sale a lot on different sites but they are getting mixed reviews.

Is this old stock ink or discontinued ink?

Thanks

All feedback welcome

Per Amazon,

• High-quality fountain pen ink.
  • Suitable for all brands of fountain pen.
  • Our rich, premium inks are made in Europe exclusively for Thornton's Luxury Goods.
  • 30ml Ink Bottle
No idea who makes it, but 30 ml is a pretty small bottle. Reviews are not exactly encouraging, either.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Go for it. I'm getting two bottles of blue myself, it's made in Slovenia, same country as Sheaffer's ink plant. Could be the same stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

$2.99 for two, that's ridiculously cheap.

Go for it. I'm getting two bottles of blue myself, it's made in Slovenia, same country as Sheaffer's ink plant. Could be the same stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

$2.99 for two, that's ridiculously cheap.

Yea it's really cheap and I will be buying some soon

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I'll let you know if you don't want to chance it. I've got no qualms reading bad Amazon reviews and I've got some bullet-proof test pens.

I just looked around for some more legit reviews like on FPN but I'm not seeing any.

I thought it was the same company that does Diamane ink since every time I search Thornton, Diamine pops up. Or they merged. But just my guess.

I dont know about the luxury ink but I have read that the chesterfield ink sold by xfountainpen is rebranded diamine ink

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I thought it was the same company that does Diamane ink since every time I search Thornton, Diamine pops up. Or they merged. But just my guess.

Thornton's Luxury Goods sells lots of other brands, Diamine included. They also sell Lamy, Pelikan, J.Herbin, etc. so you can see why a search would result in other brands.

Thornton's house brand ink is said to be made in Slovenia. Diamine is an English writing fluid.

I dont know about the luxury ink but I have read that the chesterfield ink sold by xfountainpen is rebranded diamine ink
Chesterfield ink is definitely rebranded/rebottled Diamine. I picked up three of their inks last year when xfountainpens.com was having a sale. I've got nothing bad to say about them, other than that the packaging is minimal (plastic Nalgene bottles). But I LIKE Nalgene bottles! :tongue_sm

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Is this what you use in a pen made from "precious resin"?:lol:

Actually I call it writing fluid because I always think of it this way: :thumbup1:

$diamine bottle.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
So far so good, the blue is a well-behaved royal blue and comes in a Pelikan style bottle. Granted, I haven't tried the black.

I've loaded it in two pens -- one vintage, one modern. Good deal at under $3 per, shipped!

Last edited by a moderator:
So far so good, the blue is a well-behaved royal blue and comes in a Pelikan style bottle. Granted, I haven't tried the black.

I've loaded it in two pens -- one vintage, one modern. Good deal at under $3 per, shipped!

Very cool

Last edited by a moderator:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Did anyone else buy some of this? One month in and I'm still on the honeymoon.

Like I need more ink but I wish I had purchased more, it's that good! Too bad that the $2.99 for two is long gone. :sad:

Top Bottom